Bonjour à tous,
I’ve recently discovered Outline wiki tool.
It’s a very nice and fast knowledge base software, open source, that aims at competing with confluence. The design is super elegant and fast, the features are rather simple but very efficient.
The owner of that app uses a SaaS model to fund his project : getoutline.com.
That’s maybe part of why that app is quite difficult to install and that there is not much support or documentation if you want or need to self-host it.
This is why I decided to set myself the challenge of packaging it for Yunohost. I have it running right now in a dedicated VPS within a docker image, but I can’t wait to have it running on my personal server ! This is my first packaging tentative, hence this post where I’ll give you updates about my progress (lots of stuff to learn) and hopefully get a little help from the pro packagers !
Here is my package repository
- Main branch : installation goes to the end and all basic features are working
- Minio branch : minio server installation goes to the end but doesn’t work yet with https
Nginx configuration : problem solved, thanks @ericg @tituspijean
- Setup Minio server to work with https on localhost
- Finish the installation script for minio server to emulate an Amazon S3 storage so that the app can upload images or profile pics
- Correctly setup SMTP parameters in the .env file so that the app can send emails
- Use Passport.js’ LDAP plugin to connect Yunohost’s SSO to Outline’s identification system
Any help from you guys would be very welcomed !
Anyway I’m very excited and am sure I’ll learn a lot by trying building my first package