[Flarum] A lightweight forum

Hi, thank you for your feedback.

1. You mean ‘jose’ account :slight_smile:
    It seems to me, it is not exactly the same login but same email (I try with email).
    Let me check.

2. But I cannot create an external account :).

3. Let me see for “re-enable the standard login method”. That will be a pb for the upcoming update?

See you soon with my feedback. José

So,

My YNH account is jrd and it works with Flarum.

But my Jose account (which is a admin account) does not work :,(
Jose is not a YNH account.
Superusuer is in the Flarum database (in first) but does not work.

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

I put tituspijean-auth-ldap.onlyUse to 0 (instead of 1)
Same connection interface.

Oh! That’s a bug I can replicate. :o With 0, it should display two links, one standard connection, one through YunoHost.
I will try to fix that.

2 Likes

@tituspijean
I backed to my initial settings.
Connection with my ynh account OK !
External users cannot open an account.

I have do an PR for bump the app into the new version 1.0.0!

1 Like
Initial call for testers
  • Testing branch status as of 2021-06-07: PR175
    • :arrow_heading_up: Upgrade to first stable release of Flarum, v1.0 :partying_face:
    • :information_source: Do not hide Flarum’s standard method by default
    • Upgrade LDAP extension accordingly.

cf. first post for installing and upgrading to a test release.

New release:

• Master branch status as of 2021-06-14: PR175
    • :arrow_heading_up: Upgrade to first stable release of Flarum, v1.0 :partying_face:
    • Upgrade LDAP extension accordingly.
      • :information_source: Do not hide Flarum’s standard method by default
3 Likes

See the @farvardin’s post (in French)

It’s OK for me now. Thank you.

1 Like

:fr:
J’ai cherché à passer de 0.1.0-beta.13~ynh1 à 1.0 et ça coince pendant la mise à jour, vraisemblablement au niveau des extensions… Problème je n’arrive pas à les désinstaller via composer ni via le panneau d’admin, vous avez pas un tuto magique ?

:us:
I tried to upgrade from 0.1.0-beta.13~ynh1 to 1.0 but it fails, probably because of non upgraded or non compatible extensions. Problem is i’m unable to uninstall extensions from the admin panel or from composer, can anyone help ?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, if you want proper help, please share your upgrade logs and what commands you tried.

My bad

The full update failure log :
https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/basokehuyi

This is what i use to remove extensions :
/var/www/flarum$ php7.3 composer.phar remove fof/formatting

And i get
[RuntimeException]
The file "./composer.json" is not writable.

Has anyone managed to upgrade Flarum to version 1.1 which was recently released. It has some new features and bug fixes that I really need.

thanks in advance for any guidance …

Per the example above on installing extensions:, you need to perform the command as the app’s system user:

cd /var/www/flarum
sudo -u flarum php7.3 composer.phar remove fof/formatting

Hopefully someday Flarum will handle installing and removing extensions from its admin panel. :wink:

This returns me that, which is weird :
Désolé, l'utilisateur admin n'est pas autorisé à exécuter « /usr/bin/php7.3 composer.phar remove fof/formatting » en tant que flarum sur domain.tld

Switch to super user beforehand then: sudo su

You will need to wait and see, sorry… right now only 1.0 is packaged.

Alright it does the trick ! Thanks !

That being working now, which extensions do i need to remove in order to safely upgrade to 1.0 ?
Is it safer or better practice to delete everything, upgrade, and (painfully :smiley: ) reinstall extensions ?

Remove any extension you have installed yourself. The included ones should upgrade seamlessly.

Done, but the update still fails everytime. Still the same logs

OK, that definitely means there’s an issue with the app, but the log is not verbose enough. I will try to investigate, but since you already have an old version on hand, can you try this? (make sure you have a backup)

sudo su
cd /var/www/flarum
sudo -u flarum php7.3 /var/www/flarum/composer.phar require 'tituspijean/flarum-ext-auth-ldap:~1.0.0-p1' --no-update -d /var/www/flarum --no-interaction
sudo -u flarum php7.3 /var/www/flarum/composer.phar require 'flarum/core:~1.0.0' --prefer-dist --update-no-dev -a --update-with-all-dependencies -d /var/www/flarum --no-interaction

Thanks … I’ll wait then …