LDAP access from External Jellyfin

Hello, I have what I believe to be a quick one for a second pair of eyes:

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Rpi 4
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : via all methods
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : some DNS/hosts file stuff

Description of my issue

I have Jellyfin installed on a synology NAS on the local network. I would like the Jellyfin instance to use my Yunohost server for LDAP. None of the suggestions I found in the search are any help. I also tried installing Jellyfin on the Yunohost server so I could copy the config–everything but the IP address is the same and I get a Connection Refused in the Jellyfin logs.

What you want is to open YunoHost’s LDAP to other servers. You can have a look to External LDAP authentication - #2 by tituspijean. There, put your NAS’ IP address instead of 10.0.0.1.

Thank you! I can now hit the server from the NAS! My issue now is the Admin permission filter–is there a way to keep the permissions set by the Yunohost Jellyfin install if I remove it? I would like to continue using (permission=cn=jellyfin.admin,ou=permission,dc=yunohost,dc=org). Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry, I have not understood what you want to do.

I’m referring to the LDAP permissions. All the LDAP permissions came from the app install, I just want to make sure they’ll persist if I uninstall the app.

Ah I see. Indeed deleting the app on your YunoHost server will delete the permissions across the LDAP server. To keep them after app removal, you will need to recreate them. In a new terminal:

sudo su
bash
source /usr/share/yunohost/helpers
app=jellyfin
ynh_permission_create --permission="admin" --label="Jellyfin external admins" --show_tile=false

Untested, but should work. You can give this permission to any YunoHost user or group from the webadmin.
You won’t be able to install Jellyfin on that server as long as the permission exists. To delete it:

sudo su
bash
source /usr/share/yunohost/helpers
app=jellyfin
ynh_permission_delete --permission="admin"

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.