An autistic approach to installing YunoHost. (Warning - lots of graphics)

nga-mihi-o-te-tau-hou

Happy New Year! My project of installing yunohost_80px YunoHost on my raspberrypi_80px Raspberry Pi devices begins in earnest today. Don’t expect this to be a quick install though. My planned “installfest” is going to be spread throughout 2022 in two major stages: ❶ rolling out the test-fmds.noho.st machine first; then later in the year I’ll be ❷ rolling out the full fmds.noho.st device. Also during this project I will be learning more about git_80px git and github_80px GitHub, as I attempt to make my project easily replicable for future rollouts and deployments from the test to prod devices. My ultimate goal is to have two fully operational yet independent devices, both capable of running my

“Frittro’s Managed Data Store” project, but with one able to be freely modified and “hacked on” while the other remains highly available and resolute for my end users. In the future, as new software releases and updates become available, I will deploy them to the test device first, and ensure that everything is working properly there. Then, hopefully, I can deploy the required changes and updates to the prod device just using git. That is my hope, anyway. I still have a lot to learn about using git and GitHub first though, as I am more of a sysadmin/ops person than a developer, so I don’t have a huge amount of experience with git.

220101_0835_github-showing-1-commit-ahead

1 Like