Gather interesting news and information about YunoHost & Internet Cube projects
This second episode of “YunoHost surveillance report” is almost fully dedicated to the Brique Camp 15 that happened last week.
- Brique Camp 15
- Miscellaneous news
- Past events
- Upcoming events
Brique Camp 15
Some lovely people got together for 10 days in the Vosges mountains (France) to contribute on YunoHost and the InternetCu.be, from Sept 25th to oct 04th.
A lot of work has been achieved in various fields.
YunoHost development infrastructure
- Unified bugtracker and project tracker http://dev.yunohost.org
- Self-hosted translate web interface https://translate.yunohost.org
- Vagrant boxes for developement https://yunohost.org/vagrant
- Jessie Docker image https://github.com/YunoHost/Dockerfile/pull/2
That means better tools for developpers to work with, and progress to leave the GitHub centralised infrastructure.
- A new unified design + documentation on the InternetCube’s repository https://repo.labriqueinter.net
- InternetCube installation documentation reworking (french only) https://yunohost.org/installation_brique_fr
- InternetCube “getting started” flyer creation with awesome drawings (WIP)
- Awesome map with FFDN members providing VPN and/or Cubes : http://internetcu.be
- InternetCube installation script : http://repo.internetcu.be/install-sd.sh
- New schematic on http://internetcu.be & http://labriqueinter.net
Better experience for DIY-ISPs looking to provide Internet Cube to their beloved members.
IPv6 fixes for YunoHost
- IPv6 support on DynDNS domains https://github.com/YunoHost/moulinette-yunohost/pull/95
- IPv6 support in DNSmasq zone files
The future is now !
- Configuration management and regeneration https://github.com/YunoHost/moulinette-yunohost/commits/regen-conf
- Backup / Restore system enhancement, UX mockups (WIP) and first working implementation
- Packages unification http://pad.farcie.fr/p/yunohost-control
- Use of MariaDB instead of MySQL by default on Jessie
The long awaited backup feature is on its way: it will be soon in the testing branch of YunoHost, and then in a stable release.
A lot of work has been achieved around external package configuration, and core package organisation. One could expect to simply
apt-get install yunohost some day.
YunoHost web administration
- Backup interface implementation in the adminjs https://github.com/zamentur/admin_js/tree/backup
- Debug page for any installed app in web administration
- Changed the positions of some button in the admin interface to make them more accessible (update/upgrade on front page, firewall and monitoring in tools)
Because not everyone love command-line interface, we need to make YunoHost accessible and usable in a browser.
InternetCu.be VPN client
- Ease of VPN client configuration http://internetcu.be/dotcubefiles.html
- Improvement of the robustness of VPN Client : https://github.com/labriqueinternet/vpnclient_ynh/issues/7
- Handling of shared-secrets in VPN Client : https://github.com/labriqueinternet/vpnclient_ynh/issues/21
- DNS resolvers in VPN Client (fix a bug with filtered public DNS) : https://github.com/labriqueinternet/vpnclient_ynh/issues/22
VPN client is now more stable and more easy to set up. Good news for self-hosters.
- All images have been updated
- A separated image for LIME2 is available
- An image with an encrypted filesystem is available, both for LIME and LIME2
- Dolibarr and Noalyss (phpcompta) have nearly fully working package (missing SSOwat integration) https://github.com/psycojoker/dolibarr_ynh https://github.com/psycojoker/noalyss_ynh
- A Github repository containing the application lists and a new validation process for the apps: https://github.com/YunoHost/apps
Note that some of these new features are still in development and require some testing. They are not yet available via YunoHost updates.
For french readers out there, LDN wrote a post with these news: http://ldn-fai.net/retour-sur-le-brique-camp-2015/
quota_atypique made a nice french flyer about LaBriqueInternet: http://www.ffdn.org/wiki/doku.php?id=communication#presenter_la_brique_internet
jvaubourg fixes a bug in hotstop_ynh application that breaks installation with a free wifi antenna (https://github.com/labriqueinternet/hotspot_ynh/issues/24)
Alarig is working on a L2TP-IPsec VPN client: https://code.ffdn.org/alarig/L2TP-IPsec_yunohost
Brique Camp 2015, obviously
Alternatiba in Brussels
very good feedback, the public was really interested and our 50 flyers went away in 3h (and a radio belgian journalist from radio arabel got one and contacted “la Brique” for an interview)
La Fête de l’Humanité
Journée du libre (Lille)
- Capitole du libre,
Toulouse, Nov 21 - Nov 22, https://2015.capitoledulibre.org/
A conference on the Internet Cube has been submitted.