YunoHost 4.2 testing

Hello,

I’ve just update my Rapsberry Pi 3 B from testing 4.2.0 to testing 4.2.1.
I’ve some apps installed and i’ve added mumble without any problem.
The problem is :

• I browse to the “Applications” menu and it list the apps ;
  • I clic on “Mumble Server” and there is no informations about the apps (blank) and if I want to handle it or uninstall it there is no buttons or else … I had to CLI it.

I don’t have this for my other applications.

Excuse my poor English … so the best is an image :wink:

ppr

On this slapd issue: if I stop the service (to avoid perpetual auto-restarts), and run by hand as root slapd -d 16383 (debug mode), the process starts well, and answers various requests (but same LUA error).
Yet, YunoHost commands check for the service status, then try to restart it… and we fall again the failure loop…

EDIT: reverted my LDAP configuration (as changed above to put my main domain), and changed /etc/default/slapd to empty SLAPD_USER and SLAPD_GROUP so that the service starts as root. The service starts OK. I could start yunohost app ssowatconf (doesn’t output anything); /etc/ssowat/conf.json is still well generated (was initially already there).
Yet I still have the same initial symptoms (500 errors and same nginx log).

• Another issue with regen-conf:
Résumé
# yunohost tools regen-conf -d -n
Attention : Le fichier de configuration '/etc/default/slapd' a été modifié manuellement et ne sera pas mis à jour
Attention : Le fichier de configuration '/etc/nginx/conf.d/yunohost_admin.conf' a été modifié manuellement et ne sera pas mis à jour
Attention : Le fichier de configuration '/etc/postfix/main.cf' a été modifié manuellement et ne sera pas mis à jour
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/log.py", line 380, in func_wrapper
    result = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/regenconf.py", line 259, in regen_conf
    _get_files_diff(system_path, pending_path, True) if with_diff else None
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/regenconf.py", line 484, in _get_files_diff
    orig_file = orig_file.readlines()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/codecs.py", line 322, in decode
    (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xfd in position 57: invalid start byte

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yunohost", line 72, in <module>
    parser=parser
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/__init__.py", line 25, in cli
    ret = moulinette.cli(args, output_as=output_as, timeout=timeout, top_parser=parser)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/__init__.py", line 120, in cli
    args, output_as=output_as, timeout=timeout
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/interfaces/cli.py", line 502, in run
    ret = self.actionsmap.process(args, timeout=timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/moulinette/actionsmap.py", line 600, in process
    return func(**arguments)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/tools.py", line 404, in tools_regen_conf
    return regen_conf(names, with_diff, force, dry_run, list_pending)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/log.py", line 382, in func_wrapper
    operation_logger.error(e)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/log.py", line 628, in error
    return self.close(error)
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/log.py", line 640, in close
    error.log_ref = self.name
  File "/usr/lib/moulinette/yunohost/log.py", line 579, in name
    name = [self.started_at.strftime("%Y%m%d-%H%M%S")]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strftime'
  • Another issue with ttrss: the systemd service fails, with the log Could not open input file: /var/www/ttrss/update_daemon2.php so again a rights problem

EDIT2: found out the source of problems 1 (ldap/portal) and 3 (ttrss): the ACL added in this commit are causing the trouble for slapd, metronome, nginx and ttrss.
I used setfacl -b on /etc/yunohost /etc/ssowat and /var/www (and could also revert /etc/default/slapd) and everything is back to normal.
So there is definitely an issue to dig there with that security fix (maybe only on my setup? LXC container on a QNAP NAS)…

Eeeeeh okay I don’t understand why that would be the cause … the ACL are supposed to be only for all_users (= all regular yunohost users), shouldn’t affect slapd or ttrss …

If you re-add the acl (just a yunohost tools regen-conf yunohost should do the trick), are you able to run for example

su admin -c "ls /etc/yunohost/"

or

su ttrss -s /bin/bash -c "ls /var/www/ttrss"

Nope:

# su admin -c "ls /etc/yunohost/"
ls: impossible d'ouvrir le répertoire '/etc/yunohost/': Permission non accordée
# su ttrss -s /bin/bash -c "ls /var/www/ttrss"
ls: impossible d'accéder à '/var/www/ttrss': Permission non accordée

Eh okay … and if you run ls -ld /etc/yunohost, do you see as permissions: rwxr-xr-x+ ?

Maybe your system or filesystem doens’t support ACL for some reason …

E.g. if you run lsblk -f, do you see you main filesystems as ext4 ?

# ls -ld /etc/yunohost
drwxr-xr-x+ 6 root root 4096 avril 10 19:51 /etc/yunohost

(and I can use get/setfacl)

In lsblk -f output, the FSTYPE column is empty…

Hmmmokay … Let’s dig the hole then,

let’s run getfacl /etc/yunohost

# getfacl /etc/yunohost
getfacl : suppression du premier « / » des noms de chemins absolus
# file: etc/yunohost
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::r-x
group:all_users:---
mask::r-x
other::r-x

Meh … that makes no sense … apart if su admin -c "groups" show all_users for some reason (on my side it just complains to group ID 1007 actually exists but whatever)

admin ain’t in all_users group, so perms for that user should be r-x …

Same here:

# su admin -c "groups"
groups: impossible de trouver le nom pour le GID 1007

Maybe that’s a shitty ACL implementation by QNAP…? I don’t seem to find that as a known problem on their forum…

You can try the following (maybe you need to install e2fsprogs if tune2fs ain’t there):

/sbin/tune2fs -l /dev/your_main_rootfs_device | grep acl
# On my side it show:
#Default mount options:    user_xattr acl

And supposedly if it ain’t here, this should enable it :

/sbin/tune2fs -o acl /dev/your_main_rootfs_device

Also, as an alternative to lsblk -f, we can try df -T to check the fstype

OK, df -T confirms the file system is ext4, but I can’t use tune2fs inside the LXC container. If I use tune2fs from the host (custom QNAP Linux), I don’t get the acl keyword. What I know is that I had activated ACLs through the QNAP web interface a long time again (and thus getfacl/setfacl don’t generate errors), and that I’ll carefully check before executing the command you proposed :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help anyway! Btw are ACL mandatory for YunoHost? I remember there used to be OVH (or other cloud provider) setup which didn’t support it.

Well so far they were only used in specific case (e.g. the multimedia folders)

But that sounded like an easy and elegant solution to the security issues spotted recently … but of course it sounds like nothing is never that easy with computers …

Naively I’d think on any regular setup with ext4 filesystem, ACL should just work …

1 Like

I’ll maybe look deeper into it, but QNAP kernel seems to really implement sh*tty ACL if this old post is still true…
EDIT: Unfortunately, looking at the latest QNAP kernel source code, the “custom” ACL algorithm hasn’t changed since that aforementioned forum post… In my case above, any --- entry in the ACL list (which is the very case in that 4.2.1 fix) denies access to all :sweat:

I still have the issue with services with 4.2.1. (I don’t know if this version was supposed to address this issue…).
I also get an error while closing ports…

@ericg : no it did not, but as we discussed on the chat, considering that there are several important small bugs with fixes pending, I’m making an hotfix release in 4.2.1.1 before the next big iteration:

• [fix] services.py, python3: missing decode() in subprocess output fetch (357c151c)
  • [fix] log.py: don’t inject log_ref if the operation didnt start yet (f878d61f)
  • [fix] dyndns.py: Missing raw_msg=True (008e9f1d)
  • [fix] firewall.py: Don’t miserably crash when there are port ranges (6fd5f7e8)
  • [fix] nginx conf: CSP rules for admin was blocking small images used for checkboxes, radio, pacman in the new webadmin (575fab8a)

Builds are ongoing, should be available in a couple minutes :+1:

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Yunohost on Ubuntu

And here’s another big iteration on both the core and the new webadmin !

Highlights

• :sparkles: UI/UX fixes and improvements in the new webadmin thanks to the feedback of the testers :love_letter:. This include new human-readable descriptions of what’s going on each time an operation is triggered.
  • :key: SFTP and SSH permissions. This will allow to grant SSH/SFTP access to users using the permission system. This also comes with a rework of the SSH configuration. Note that, by design, you can’t grant this permission to all users. You must grant it to individual users, or create a group and grant the permission to this group. We also recommend to be careful and not grant this permission to random people that you don’t really trust.
  • :ambulance: Many improvements on backups, including a significant rework of the content of system backups which should now be more sensible and prevent inconsistencies.

Thanks to all contributors :heart: ! (axolotle, Bram, C. Wehrli, cyxae, D. Vasilev, Daniel, Éric G., grenagit, Josué, Kay0u, K. Nowakowski, lapineige, ljf, Scapharnaum)

Detailed changelog

Show/hide
  • permissions: Add SFTP / SSH permissions (#606, Yunohost-admin#352)
  • webadmin ux: Human readable operation names (Yunohost-admin#339)
  • refactoring: Uniformize / more consistent API routes (#1192, Yunohost-admin#339, Yunohost-admin#350)
  • webadmin ux: At the end of an operation, display a modal if last message is a warning (#347)
  • webadmin, postinstall: Handle validation errors and force-diskspace option (#349)
  • settings: New setting to disable the ‘YunoHost’ panel overlay in apps (#1071, 08fbfa2e)
  • settings: New setting for custom ssh port (#1209, 37c0825e, 95999fea)
  • security: Redact ‘passphrase’ settings from logs (#1206)
  • security: Sane default permissions for files added using ynh_add_config and ynh_setup_source (#1188)
  • backup: Support having .tar / .tar.gz in the archive name arg of backup_info/restore (00ec7b2f)
  • backup: Don’t backup crons + manage crons from the regenconf (#1184)
  • backup: Drop support for archive restore from prior 3.8 (#1203)
  • backup: Introduce hooks during restore to apply migrations between archive version and current version (#1203)
  • backup: Create a proper operation log for backup_create (fe9f0731)
  • backup: Improve error management for app restore (#1191)
  • backup: Rework content of system backups (#1185)
  • backup: Add a --dry-run option to backup_create to fetch an estimate of the backup size (#1205)
  • helpers: Add --keep option to ynh_setup_source to keep files that may be overwritten during upgrade (#1200)
  • helpers: Bump ‘n’ to version 7.1.0 (#1197)
  • mail: Support SMTPS Relay (#1159)
  • nginx: add header to disallow FLoC (#1211)
  • custom apps install: Add route to fetch app manifest in a forge-agnostic way (#1213, Yunohost-admin#351)
  • perf: add optional ‘apps’ argument to user_permission_list to speed up user_info / user_list (e6312db3)
  • ux: Add ‘–human-readable’ to recommended command to display diagnosis issues in cli (#1207)
  • ssowat: Remove SSOwAuthRedirect (SSOwat#182)
  • ssowat: Avoid a syscall for cookies (SSOwat#183)
  • Misc enh/fixes, code quality (42f8c9dc, 86f22d1b, 1468073f, b33e7c16, d1f0064b, c3754dd6, 02a30125, aabe5f19, ce9f6b3d, d7786662, f9419c96, c92e495b, 0616d632, 92eb9704, #1190, #1201, #1210, #1214, #1215, Yunohost-admin#344, Yunohost-admin#348)
  • i18n: Translations updated for French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
5 Likes

Annnnnd the usual “bug I noticed after releasing” : for some reasons all my backup archives containing only apps are displayed as empty (but pretty sure they are not). Will investigate later.

1 Like

Hello,

Upgrading to 4.2.2 testing version solve the problem of “blank app”.
Thanks to the team <3

ppr