Hello everyone !
We just released a new testing version for YunoHost and would be happy to receive feedback before releasing it as a stable version
This release includes various highlights such as:
- the rework on the app install page, which makes it more beautiful and includes important info about the level/state of the app (c.f. screenshot)
- the root password shall now be synced with the admin password. In addition, and in order to improve security, passwords constrains have been increased to require passwords to not be too common and at least 8 characters (advices are also displayed to encourage users to use various kind of characters).
- the Metronome configuration has been updated! Some features which were previously disabled should now be working.
a few important bugs were fixed (namely
dyndns updatesometimes not updating properly, or a bug with php apps uninstalls breaking php-fpm)
- many improvements on translations!
Thanks to all the (numerous!) contributors (ljf, irinia11y, Maniack, e-lie, tbille, xaloc33, Bram, flashemade, Maranda, Josue, frju365, Aleks, randomstuff, jershon, Genma, tituspijean, Quent-in, MyNameIsTroll, ButterflyOfFire, Jibec, silkevicious, Krzysztof Dmowski, tYYGH, goofy-mdn)!
- [enh] Rework app install list design (YunoHost-Admin#205)
- [enh] Synchronize root password with admin password (YunoHost#527)
- [enh] Check for weak passwords whenever a password is defined (YunoHost#196, SSOwat#104)
- [enh] Add advices about password strength (YunoHost-Admin#212, SSOwat#104, moulinette#175)
dyndns updatenow checks the upstream DNS record (YunoHost#519)
- [fix] Update Metronome configuration file to v3.11 standard (YunoHost#559)
- [fix] Some php conf files wre not properly removed when an app was uninstalled (YunoHost#566)
- [i18n] Improve Catalan, French, Occitan, Portuguese, Arabic, Italian and Polish translations
Misc fixes / improvements
- [enh] Add OCSP Stapling to nginx configuration if using Lets Encrypt (YunoHost#533)
- [enh] Add CAA record in recommended DNS conf (YunoHost#528)
- [enh] Improve cookie security (SSOwat#103)
- [enh] Redirect after logout if
rURI argument exists (SSOwat#109)
- [helpers] Add
- [helpers] When using
ynh_setup_source, silent unecessary messages (YunoHost#545)
- [helpers] Use more blocks for dd in
- [fix] Potential key error when retrieving install_time (YunoHost#551)
- [fix] Remove unappropriate ‘whoami’ ldap warning (moulinette#173)
- [fix] Allow
-in user last names (YunoHost#565)
- [fix] Fix possible HTTP2 issue with curl (YunoHost#547)
- [fix] Fix BASE/URI in ldap conf (YunoHost#554)
- [fix] Use random serial number for CA (prevent browser from complaining about some selfsigned certs) (YunoHost#557)
- [enh] Pass Host header to YunoHost API (YunoHost#560)
- [enh] Sort backup list according to their date (YunoHost#562)
- [fix] Improve UX when admin tries to allocate reserved email alias (YunoHost#553)
- [fix] Misc fixes / improvements in SSOwat (SSOwat#91, SSOwat#92)
How to participate to the beta-testing
Do not do this on a critical server !
In the command line, you can launch this command to switch to testing :
curl https://install.yunohost.org/switchToTesting | bash
(if you are familiar with bash scripting, you might want to read what this does before blindly running the command)
After this command, you should see that you are running YunoHost 3.3.0.
What to test ?
Here are a few specific items for which tests and feedback would be quite important ! If you tweaked nginx or metronome’s conf manually, make sure to update / regen the conf with
yunohost service regen-conf nginx --force and
yunohost service regen-conf metronome --force.
- Check that the last migration (0006?) ran successfully during the upgrade;
- Check out the new app installation page in the webadmin and report anything that shocks you or that you find is not clear;
- Try to change a user password from the SSOwat interface (try to put a dummy password) and check that what happens make sense to you;
- Try to navigate to apps from the SSO, especially apps that require authentication and are installed on a different domain than the main domain
- If you are familiar with XMPP, try to see with a compliance tester if your XMPP setup got improved compared to the previous Yunohost versions…
- Check that HTTPS is still working properly with a Lets Encrypt certificate (bonus point if you find a way to validate that OCSP stapling is active ;P)