YunoHost 11.0 (Bullseye) release / Sortie de YunoHost 11.0 (Bullseye)

First thanks to @Aleks for helping me to migrate to Yunohost 11.
Everything went well and it works much faster (snappier) then before. I just have one issue, witch doesn’t bother me too much, but still. I have gcc-8-base (from 8.3.0-6+rpi1 to 8.4.0-7+rpi1) waiting for upgrade, but it doesn’t upgrade it. This is what I get: `

The following packages have been kept back:
gcc-8-base
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

2 Likes

C’est exactement ça.
Mais du coup, dans l’interface web, ce n’est pas affiché (en ligne de commande oui).

Hmokay that’s curious ? I guess if you run apt-mark showhold, it lists gcc-8-base ? Not sure why this happens, but you can probably just run apt-mark unhold gcc-8-base

You might have marked that package as “to hold” (not to upgrade), or some software did it for you.
You could try sudo apt-mark unhold ggc-8-base and if it doesn’t work, sudo apt upgrade ggc-8-base

Upgrade was canceled, I guess it was because of line 2022-08-11 18:13:06,238? https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/efufoqejuj

@krisu : the main issue seems to be 2022-08-11 18:13:41,161: INFO - + libc6-dev : Breaks: libgcc-8-dev

See Migration to 11 won't start : "libc6-dev : Breaks: libgcc-8-dev" - #43 by Aleks for some info about how to go through

However there’s also a small warning about 2022-08-11 18:13:05,228: WARNING - W: Skipping acquire of configured file 'ui/binary-armhf/Packages' as repository 'http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian bullseye InRelease' doesn't have the component 'ui' (component misspelt in sources.list?)

You may need to find the corresponding file in /etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ which contains the raspberry pi URL and remove the “ui” keyword at the end of that line. But sounds like it’s not really blocking the upgrade

2 Likes

Yep, these solutions worked. Successful upgrade, thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

On a Raspberry Pi 4, upgrade went partially fine, as some migrations where not complete:

First of all, after the migration, I run into @lapor issue with gcc-8-base. Forcing an upgrade fails:

Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
libgcc1 : Dépend: gcc-8-base (= 8.3.0-6+rpi1) mais 8.4.0-7+rpi1 devra être installé
E: Paquets défectueux

Also postgresql migration failed:

Migration 0022_php73_to_php74_pools terminée
Exécution de la migration 0023_postgresql_11_to_13…
La migration 0023_postgresql_11_to_13 a échoué avec l’exception PostgreSQL 11 est installé, mais pas PostgreSQL 13 ! ? Quelque chose d’anormal s’est peut-être produit sur votre système :(… : annulation
L’opération ‘Exécuter les migrations’ a échoué ! Pour obtenir de l’aide […]

More details :

585 ERROR La migration 0023_postgresql_11_to_13 a échoué avec l’exception PostgreSQL 11 est installé, mais pas PostgreSQL 13 ! ? Quelque chose d’anormal s’est peut-être produit sur votre système :(… : annulation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/tools.py”, line 782, in tools_migrations_run
migration.run()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/yunohost/migrations/0023_postgresql_11_to_13.py”, line 27, in run
raise YunohostValidationError(“migration_0023_postgresql_13_not_installed”)
yunohost.utils.error.YunohostValidationError: PostgreSQL 11 est installé, mais pas PostgreSQL 13 ! ? Quelque chose d’anormal s’est peut-être produit sur votre système :(…

@Lapineige : can you share the output of grep -B9 'Depends:.*postgresql-' /var/lib/dpkg/status

edit: also Nextcloud is not working (Internal Server Error). A mysqldump (to backup it) fails : Lost connection to MySQL server during query (2013).
PostgreSQL service is running.
Mysql service status reports InnoDB: Space id and page no stored in the page, read in are [page id: space=2688, page number=202351], should be [page id: space=2688, page number=3610223]

From sudo apt-mark unhold gcc-8-base I get gcc-8-base was already not hold.
If I try to upgrade it I get E: Unable to locate package ggc-8-base
And apt-mark showhold shows nothing.

Hm so it’s quite puzzling … Can you elaborate what command exactly shows “The following packages have been kept back:gcc-8-base” ?

Bonsoir, hop une petite mise à jour ce soir vers la 11.0.9.1.
Fait également sans encombre.

1 Like

Command was for upgrading: sudo apt upgrade ggc-8-base

1 Like

First of all, I would have loved to have been at the party. But I have to go to the clinic again. I’ve been building and creating Yunohost for quite a few years since then. I hope that they get at least a little donation from many users. First of all, I would like to thank the developers who continue to work so hard and for staying with Debian. Hopefully together we will be able to update completely to Bulleye. Which I pulled through via terminal. Since nothing had moved via the admin panel, as I could also read here. I hope that a file is broken for me that I’m probably completely done. I hope that it can be restored with the broken file in Debian.

Zuallererst einmal, ich wäre so gerne bei der Party dabei gewesen. Doch muss ich noch mal wieder in die Klinik. Ich bin schon etliche Jahre seitdem Yunohost gebaut und erstellt worden dabei. Ich hoffe, dass sie wenigstens von vielen Usern ein wenig an Zuwendungen bekommen. Ich danke erst einmal den Entwicklern, die sich weiterhin so feste einsetzen und dass Sie bei Debian bleiben. Gemeinsam werden wir hoffentlich es schaffen komplett auf Bulleye udaten zu können. Was bei mir über Terminal durch gezogen habe. Da es über das Adminpanel sich nichts bewegt hatte wie ich hier auch lesen konnte. Ich hoffe das eine Datei bei mir gebrochen ist das ich dann wohl komplett soweit fertig bin. Ich hoffe, dass es mit der gebrochenen Datei im Debian wieder hergestellt werden kann.

1 Like

You will have to delete FFsync app if you want to upgrade. Sorry for that.

edit: Yunohost v11 migration php7.0-fpm issues - #3 by mib
It seems that there is a special branch that make it work on Bulleyes. See the github link in the comment above.

1 Like

Congratulation folks!!

3 Likes

Upgraded yesterday, and everything went fine. Thanks to all devs.

2 Likes

Many thanks to the developers. I am grateful for your work.

Most of my upgrade went fine, but the migration from postgresql 11 to 13 failed with these log messages. It seems locale settings are at the heart of things, so I tried various ways of changing the locale from nn_NO to en_US in an attempt to get around the error. I did this via dpkg-reconfigure locales followed by locale-gen and nano /etc/default/locale. The error persists - the error messages are similar both before and after changing locales. Ideally, I would like to continue having nn_NO as the default locale, but migrating postgresql is more important.

I’ll be glad to add more info, and thank you all for your help.

1 Like

Hi,
I tried to do the upgrade but it failed from the beginning. The package download didn’t even start. Probably something wrong with my sources…

2022-08-12 12:06:06,268: ERROR - Something went wrong while updating the cache of APT (Debian's package manager). Here is a dump of the sources.list lines, which might help identify problematic lines: 
sources.list:deb http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/ bullseye main contrib non-free rpi
sources.list.d/raspi.list:deb http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/ bullseye main ui
sources.list.d/yunohost.list:deb http://forge.yunohost.org/debian/ bullseye stable
sources.list.d/extra_php_version.list:deb https://packages.sury.org/php/ bullseye main

log is here: https://paste.yunohost.org/raw/hecubobuya

Any idea?