YunoHost 11.0 (Bullseye) release / Sortie de YunoHost 11.0 (Bullseye)

First of all, a big thank you to the team, the migration worked almost perfectly. I’ve been working on the following problem and would like to share my solution in case anyone else finds their way here (via Google search) in the hope of finding a solution:

My Mailman3 installation was no longer functional after the upgrade (could not connect to server: Connection refused).
While troubleshooting, I saw that the postgresql service (in the Web Admin area) was also not working and was the basis of the error: postgresql was “inactive” and had not been active for “52 years”. Although service postgresql status showed that the service was running, it was not active in the GUI even after a restart and netstat -tulpn | grep 5432 did not show a listening service.
Checked various things with postgresql (no conflicting postgresql-11 installed, etc.) and then removed postgresql with apt-get --purge remove postgresql postgresql-* without deleting the directories (there is a prompt, asking if you want to do so)! This did all not help.

My Solution (not striaghtforward but working) was:

• remove postgresql apt-get --purge remove postgresql postgresql-*and delete the postgresql dirs as the prompt asks you to do.
  • reinstall with apt-get install post postgresql-13. Postgresql is now functional and listens to port 5432 but mailman3 connection to postgresql is now broken (FATAL: password authentication failed for user "mailman3_app"). Thus the mailman service still doesn’t start.
  • uninstall mailman3 via GUI
  • install backup version of mailman3 via GUI. Now you can log in, but Mails are not delivered and trying to create a new list breaks the installation again.
  • Here was the trick: I went through the post-install steps and when creating the superuser (python3 manage.py createsuperuser) it prompted me with: Your project may not work properly until you apply the migrations for app(s): admin, auth, hyperkitty, postorius. Run 'python manage.py migrate' to apply them.. Doing that and/or the following command mailman aliases did solve the problem for me! Mailman is back and running.

Sorry if the description is not detailed enough. I am not expert enough to say what exactly was the problem, maybe some of you do and maybe this can be added to “known issues”…?

Have a nice day!
Jakob

1 Like