Wordpres migration fails

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Hetzner VPS
YunoHost version: 4.0.8.2
I have access to my server : SSH, KVM
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I am trying to migrate my YunoHost instance from one VPS to another. This is what I did so far:

• Backed up from my old server
  • Started with a fresh Debian 10 image on the new server
  • Installed YNH with the script
  • Restored the base system from the backup
  • Restored the applications one-by-one

After doing this I noticed that my Wordpress was getting an Nginx 502 error. I looked closely and saw that the Nginx configuration was pointing to php-fpm7.3 , even though the restored application was on phpfpm7.0

I fixed this by manually editing the nginx config file for Wordpress to point to 7.0.

Next, I get this error:

ERROR : No user found in server variables.

I have never seen this user before. My Wordpress user table is from an even older server. In the past, whenever I upgraded Wordpress in YunoHost I would be unable to log in until I manually edited the plugins to disable the LDAP plugin.

This time, it seems that there is an “http-authentication” plugin that is being used, and it not finding the expected user causes the error above, instead of showing the login page and failing to log in.

So I have found a temporary workaround for both issues, but I would like to know if there is a permanent fix for the php-fpm issue. Is it a problem that it is now running 7.0 instead of 7.3?

And I would also like to know if there is a permanent fix to move all my existing Wordpress content to be assigned to my YNH authenticated user instead of the old user account that I need to disable the SSO in order to use.

FYI - This issue seems to be described here too: [SOLVED] Wordpress admin ERROR: No user found in server variables

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.