[WireGuard Client] Call for testers

WireGuard Client for YunoHost

Hello all,

I am happy to announce I have a working prototype for a WireGuard Client app powered by the YunoHost config panel feature. :slight_smile:

To use it, add as many VPN interfaces you want to create in the Interfaces list. After saving, appropriate sections will appear to let you upload .conf files given by your WireGuard Server.

You can start and stop VPN interfaces from the Services page of the webadmin.

This is a call for testers!

It looks functional on my test server, though the more tests, the merrier.
Follow the installation instructions in the README of the repository. The application is not yet in the catalog.

Issues:

I did notice an interface not being removed even though it was removed in the config panel

Temporary solution
  1. sudo touch /etc/wireguard/<the_interface>.conf
  2. sudo wg-quick save <the_interface>
  3. sudo wg-quick down <the_interface>
  4. sudo rm /etc/wireguard/<the_interface>.conf

:arrow_right: Should be solved with v0.2 now.

6 Likes

Thanks tituspijean!
Could we have some examples here, Im a bit confused on how to do the configuration. Right now I’m running my client according to Homemade WireGuard VPN on a VPS server
In this set-up, do we add all NAT settings in the same config-file?
I would like to test, but need some help :sweat_smile:

Basically this app would replace the “fill in wg0.conf on YunoHost server” step in the tutorial. You’d still need to have the PostUp and PostDown scripts uploaded somewhere on the server. (WireGuard runs as root, so it can execute the scripts from anywhere).

I am wondering if I should/could create a setting to automagically deploy these scripts.

1 Like

You’d still need to have the PostUp and PostDown scripts

Ok, perfect! Then I know and will test.

I am wondering if I should/could create a setting to automagically deploy these scripts.

That would be very cool! Based on firewall config and applications I guess then?

2 Likes

I also think this could be nice. In fact this PostUp and PostDown scripts are strongly inspired by this file from the VPN Client App, which aims to make it simple for beginners to setups a VPN. If the WireGuard Client app aims to do the same, it would be amazing if every port forwarding is automatically done by the app, based on the firewall rules of a given YH setup.

2 Likes

Any help is welcome by the way, I find myself with plenty (too much?) apps to maintain nowadays. :sweat_smile:

1 Like