We plan to release YunoHost 11 as stable in the next days, please test it :)

YunoHost 11.0.7 (release candidate)

Since the 19th january 2022, we are in a beta staging stage for YunoHost 11 (debian 11 support).

We have just released a release candidate version 11.0.7 with some small fixes.

Show/Hide

It’s the last days to do some tests on this new yunohost version before we released it as stable so please test it, if you can.

Unsupported apps in YunoHost 11

WARNING: Some apps won’t be available in YunoHost 11: ffsync, mailman, invoiceninja4 (but invoiceninja5 package is supported), mediadrop, quizzes

Some others are not working on YunoHost 11 for now: coin, fab-manager, ifconfig-io, kodi, , photonix, pihole (status not clear due to a conflict with dnsmasq), qr, veloren (fonctionne peut être déjà).

Howto test this release candidate ?

To test it, you can follow these steps: Beta-stage testing for Yunohost 11.0/Bullseye and Buster->Bullseye migration

You can also test the new iso images:
yunohost-bullseye-11.0.6-amd64-testing.iso
yunohost-bullseye-11.0.6-i386-testing.iso

ARM and rpi images will be created during the next days.

24 Likes

During installation:

Warning: dpkg: warning: yunohost: conffile '/etc/bash_completion.d/yunohost' is not a plain file or symlink (= '/etc/bash_completion.d/yunohost')

Looks like Trying to fix the dpkg warning: "/etc/bash_completion.d/yunohost is n… · YunoHost/yunohost@5e87f7d · GitHub did not fix the issue. :innocent:

2 Likes

Maybe worth mentioning that if mailman isn’t available, mailman3 is (or should be), although there’s no migration path from one to the other AFAIU. The UX will be much different for users too. But the mailing lists feature isn’t vanishing completely, in principle.

My 2 cents,

Which web apps use mailman? Does the yunohost SoGo web app use mailman?

I think we are talking about this package: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/mailman_ynh: Mailman packaging for YunoHost

1 Like

This is good to know! I am just eager to find out if something breaks when I update.
I have made slight modifications to a bunch of template files in /etc/nginx/conf.d/

Fingers crossed and happy upgrading!!!

1 Like

Well, mailman in itself may be used by other apps, but the main point is to host mailman on a YNH instance, so as to provide mailing-list, per se. The YNH machine being able to receive and send email is then managing the lists. Mailman is integrated with postfix, etc.

2 Likes

More specifically, one can refer to GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/mailman_ynh: Mailman packaging for YunoHost :

Mailman2 is a deprecated software : it relies on Python 2 which reached end of life in January 2020. Mailman 2 is not being developed anymore, and wont be available on Debian Bullseye / Yunohost 11.x. You should really consider using alternative solutions.

The replacement being GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/mailman3_ynh: Mailman - The GNU Mailing List Management System packaged for YunoHost.

Hth,

1 Like

Is mailman an issue to anyone? Can’t we just use mailman3 instead?

Can it be an issue if the boilerplate templates are modified in the above directory when migrating to Debian 11? I modified the files to remove the logo in the bottom right.

We have a global setting for that. [opinion] there should be an option to remove the logo on atleast the apps that anonymous users can see (aka front facing sites) - #7 by metyun (yes, it is not documented :sweat_smile:, but a future feature will make them available in the webadmin)

2 Likes

Re Mailman 3 vs Mailman 2, the thing is that you need to plan a transition of one to the other, and I’m not sure there’s a smooth migration path, both software being merely different. I.e. backup + restore, reconfigure, etc.
Also, the user experience will be different : need to plan supporting their learning of how to reach the new location, change of habits, etc.

Release notes should address that, then, IMHO

This appears to be a Debian 11 specific question and the incompatibility isn’t caused by yunohost. This might be the first time where I have seen a linux application which isn’t forward compatible to a future linux OS bistro. This is so strange!!! What inside of linux is stopping the app to be compatible?

1 Like

Migrating from Mailman 2.1 to Mailman 3 — Mailman Suite 3.3 documentation may provide more details.

Me waiting for the new Yunohost, I finally have my own vps so I can install Debian 11 with Yunohost. When does the curl command come public?

1 Like

Just now I tried another installation of yunohost on Raspios 64bit (beta stage testing), using the latest bullseye lite 4.4.2022 on a raspi 4b8gb and raspi 3b+

Compared to my old installation on raspi bullseye arm64 some weeks ago - which still seems to work - there is no difference.
My Primary Apps: roundcube and nextcloud

systemctl still says: rspamd.service is loaded/failed/failed (and diagnosis tells me that every day at 7AM and 7PM)
and systemctl complained formerly: user@1007.service: loaded/failed/failed
what changed in the new install to: user@1000.service: loaded/failed/failed

When you go back in the testing discussion some weeks there was a very emotional answer to a user who installed rspamd from sid, what was working for him, while the one from bullseye did not. Since then I could not find a real solution.

I think I should wait with the final installation until the two errors in systemctl are gone – right?

I wonder how will the upgrade be? We will have to first push an upgrade to Debian from 10 to 11, or is the Yunohost going to force that when we get an update for YNH 11? I have plenty of apps and I wonder if this process will be more automated or I will have to reinstall Debian 11 and then Yunohost 11 and all apps individually…

1 Like

@Tio You can find instructions that will be added in the doc the day of the release: doc/buster_bullseye_migration.md at refactor-admin-guide · YunoHost/doc · GitHub

2 Likes

Thank you. You guys are doing an amazing work with Yunohost. I am a bit concerned about this big upgrade but backups are our friends.

1 Like

Could you give logs about this rspamd failure ?

I add a ticket about a probable rspmad error with rpi64.

I am not sure to know what it really means