Using LDAP to host accounts kinda like Active Directory?

I don’t know alot about LDAp or how it works and I’m just getting into computers and hosting and stuff.

Is it possible to take my ubuntu laptop and Sign it to my yunohost server (much like you can attach a windows pc to an active directory domain)
and then use my yunohost account/s to log into the laptop?

1 Like

Ughhh nope, nope nope nope, this is not what YunoHost is designed for …

I get that, but could you use the ldap server to allow you to sign into it? It’d be an all in one solution if I could sync my account to that which would be cool

If that’s your neeeed, you have to understand that you are following a really different path then the one of the Self Hosting.

You would rather have a look on Office / Corporate distributions like Zentyal and it’s community edition.

But… if it can help you, I’ve had made some experiments a year ago with sssd for the authentication and nfs for a /home/user folder on the server in the LAN (not a roaming profile !) and I kept a few rough notes (in french) about it.

this is interesting, thank you, and thanks for the other recommend.

It doesn’t need to be a roaming profile either, I’m gonna be using nextcloud with it and have nextcloud sync the profile, so to speak. So it’d just be super cool to be able to login to the pc with the same sso credentials so my mom and wife don’t need to remember so many passwords. All I really want is to sync that password somehow so I figured authenticating using the ldap made sense

Should also mention it’s not windows computers I would be doing that with, it’s kde neon

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.