Users can't login after changing default page from domain.tld to sub.domain.tld

Hello,

In the goal of having an easier time managing my domain, network and machines, and moving my Yunohost install to a new machine, I changed the default page on my Yunohost server.

Previously it was domain.tld and when I went to domain.tld/yunohost/sso everything worked as intended.

Ever since I changed the default page to sub.domain.tld when I go to sub.domain.tld/yunohost/sso I can’t connect any users anymore the page just reload as if nothing happen or af if I hit F5.

I’m lost and don’t know what to do with that. I don’t want to roll back to use domain.tld as my main page because I don’t want to break anything further. On the bright side, I still have access to the admin page through domain.tld and sub.domain.tld

Anyone?

Can you please provide the basic info as requested by the support template : type of server (VPS / ARM board / other / …), yunohost version

Hello,
Thank you, I realize I’ve read the support info page a bit too fast, I’m sorry.

yunohost version: 11.1.4.1 (testing)
Host machine: SoYouStart server (Xeon D 4 core 8 thread, 32Go ram, 2x 480 Go SSD RAID 1)
Host OS: vmware ESXi 6.7.0
Guest VM: 1 core 1 thread vcpu, 2Go vram, 32Go vhdd, not behind a firewall, have it’s own public ip

Also I don’t know what kind of logs I’m searching for, I couldn’t found SSOwat logs in /var/log

Hmokay, can you share the output of cat /etc/ssowat/conf.json.persistent ? Wondering if you might have some old/legacy redirection in there from some old bug in yunohost

admin@derpfox:~$ cat /etc/ssowat/conf.json.persistent
{
    "redirected_urls": {
        "www.domain.fr/": "www.domain.fr/prettynoemiecms"
    }
}admin@derpfox:~$ 

Aaaah I finally know where this redirection come from, I didn’t understand why grav kept going to that URL.

Hmokay so you can probably safely remove this and just keep “empty json” which is {} instead (or maybe just delete the file entirely with rm /etc/ssowat/conf.json.persistent, that should be okay too)

But probably not the cause of your issue

So instead, let’s try to validate that portal_domain in /etc/ssowat/conf.json does corresponds to your sub.domain.tld

Though I’m a bit lost what exactly could trigger the issue …

Can you elaborate what you mean by

I changed the default page on my Yunohost server.

Do you mean you changed the main domain of YunoHost ?

I think. In the domain menu, I clicked on make default, I thought it just changed the yunohost access domain. (to the sso page, admin page etc)

I have 3 domain link to that install

domain0.tld, domain1.tld and domain3.tld

right now, I access to yunohost via domain0.tld, but I want to use it for other purpose, so I made default sub.domain0.tld

"portal_domain": "sub.domain0.tld",
    "portal_path": "/yunohost/sso/",
    "redirected_regex": {
        "sub.domain0.tld/yunohost[\\/]?$": "https://sub.domain0.tld/yunohost/sso/"
    },

If I set the default to domain0.tld everything work normally again, I can login etc

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.