Time is not correct in yunohost gui

My YunoHost server

Hardware: x64 vm in proxmox
YunoHost version: 11.2.5 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Hello everyone

using the ‘date’ command in terminal gives the correct time and timezone (EST) but within the yunohost web interface the time is very wrong. many hours later and does not exactly match up to UTC either. How can I change the time of yunohost itself ? The wrong time is carrying over to installed apps such as traggo.

thank you for any help you can provide!
clockwork

I got some problems like this a few years ago, but I do not remember exactly what I did, but you are correct saying that it can cause big problems (I was unable to use OTP on my server due to more than 30sec diff with « real » time)

There you can find some documentation about automatic correction : DateTime - Debian Wiki

Here is a topic (in french) about this problem : Ajuster automatiquement la date et l'heure
There may be other topics :person_shrugging:

So I tried many things and reset the time locally and checked the ntp server. Everything looks correct there on the debian terminal but the time within the yunohost-gui and apps itself still appears to be wrong. Hopefully someone can help figure out what may be going on ?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.