Port 8095 not available even if open (WireGuard)

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Contabo VPS
YunoHost version: 4.2.5.2
I have access to my server : SSH and browser
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Port 8095 appears to be unavailable even if my server provider (Contabo) tells me it is open and I clearly see it is in the list of opened ports in the Yunohost firewall.

This is the error message I get:

Is it a bug or my problem only? Did I do something wrong?

Hello,

You are not the first one reporting this (cf. here for example). I think it is a bug/oversight of the diagnosis which only tests TCP, or reports an error even if we only want it open in UDP.

Do you confirm that WireGuard is working alright?

The Wireguard interface appears to be ok and I can add tunnels. Nevertheless, it does not work. Unfortunately, I have really no idea how to configure WireGuard, hence I do not know if this is due to the port or to something I should have done and I did not.

I did not perform any command via SSH as internet guides pointed out, since I feared to interfere with Yunohost-made setup. Should I? Could you point me to some 101 basic tutorial compatible with the Yunohost installation?

Thank you very much.

OK let’s try to debug that. :slight_smile: I am assuming you did click on the “Apply config” button in the UI.

In a command line, can you run sudo wg?
It should show you the WireGuard interfaces that are running, along with the peers.

If it is empty, try sudo wg-quick up wg0 and check again. :crossed_fingers:

Report any error you may encounter. :wink:

I did.

$ sudo wg
interface: wg0
  public key: MGXO+bVNQQq7l6tjth0NW********RXb4fE9wHJWNB8=
  private key: (hidden)
  listening port: 8095

Ughyeah the diagnosis doesn’t do that kind of difference right now :confused: It basically just tries to open a TCP socket on the port I think

1 Like

I have that diagnosis message too but everything works great.

You should see the peers too. :confused: Have you created devices in the UI? If so, can you check that they are listed in /etc/wireguard/wg0.conf? (Do not share its contents, or hide the private keys :wink: )

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, they appear to be listed correctly!

# Please don't modify it manually, otherwise your change might got replaced.

# Address updated at:     0001-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 UTC
# Private Key updated at: 2021-06-02 06:36:24.794391517 +0000 UTC
[Interface]
Address = 10.10.10.0/24
ListenPort = 8096
PrivateKey = ************************************
MTU = 1450
PostUp =
PostDown =

# ID:           c2rig2omq6q9r6p9mqt0
# Name:         MacBook Pro
# Email:        tommiboom+server@protonmail.com
# Created at:   2021-06-02 06:41:15.657783763 +0000 UTC
# Update at:    2021-06-02 06:41:15.657783763 +0000 UTC
[Peer]
PublicKey = 3OVEva2MGQsjgYPz9onei4pJyYpb0ZWQX/5SDAl02HU=
PresharedKey = ************************************
AllowedIPs = 10.10.10.1/32

Are you sure it is not a matter of “allowed IPs“? There is not an IP I know, by default; is it some sort of wildcard valid for every IP possible?

I have the same issue on a vps hosted on the same provider and also on an old laptop I’m hosting at home (I’ve opened ports on my router).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.