Plex app - Support

well, i dont know how to do that :spaghetti:

i dont even understand what that means ; removing open ports, does that mean closing it ?
hum, it should be like eisenbergā€™s cat, nor open, nor closed ; like weā€™re sure ? lol

Hi,

Sorry emglish is not my mothertongue so sometimes iā€™m not really clear in my explainations

Delete the app completely, close ports 32400 and 32443 trough ssh or yunohost admin panel and try to reinstall the app

nevermind, plus itā€™s not my mothertongue too (french is).

iā€™m gonna try that now.

Thank you, it worked, the installation is complete !

but iā€™m new to plex (and yunohost) and i donā€™t really know how to configurate plex on my server ; do you have any tutorials that explain it ? Thanks again

edit : oh yeah, because i canā€™t connect to the plex server by its local ip - donā€™t know why. but with my computer local ip, i can connect to the plex on my computer . (thats not very clear right?). any idea ? :slight_smile:

Iā€™m french too but letā€™s try to continue in english, it may be useful to anyone.

so from one of your computer what happens when you try to connect to http://localserverip:32400/web ?

also what happens when you try to connect from your local network to the domain/subdomain plex is using ?

well, again iā€™m not sure to exactly understand, sometimes i misunderstand terms (specially with local ip / public ipā€¦).
because, to me, your two propositions are the same.

so, when i connect to my subdomain via firefox, i got this : ā€œadresse introuvableā€ (canā€™t find this address) /

when i try to connect to http://localserverip:32400/web i got this : ā€œla connexion a Ć©chouĆ©ā€ (ā€œconnection failedā€) but iā€™m not even sure that the ip is good ? is it something like 94.23.xx.xxx ?

edit:
well, if this http://127.0.0.1:32400/web/index.html is the good address (iā€™m completely lost), i can connect to plex but to the plex which is on my computer (with the music on my computer) ; maybe i donā€™t understand something ? :loop: :loop: :unamused:

No. looks like your tried to connect with an external IP Address.

Usually local ip starts by 192.168. or 10.0

If you want to know what is your yunohost local ip address you have to manually execute

sudo ifconfig

and look for the following

inet adr:192.168.x.x

Can you please also ping your domain or subdomain where plex is installed with the following command

ping subdomain.domain.tld

And check that itā€™s resolving your public IP address (the one starting by 94.23)

Dont you have an eth1 or eth0 interface ?

Your server isnā€™t connected to anything else ?

can you please delete this picture, it shows directy your IP address,

thought your yunohost was installed on your home network

can you connect to yunohost chat ?

oui Ƨa jā€™y suis ! :slight_smile:

edit : are you there ?

edit2: and sorry for our imcomprehension

ƍ have some problems with my ISP, iā€™ll let you a message when it is ok for me.

Sorry for that

well, i found a solution that pointed me a new problem lmao,
plexmediaservice is disabled, and i canā€™t start it :
" Warning: Unable to execute command 'service plexmediaserver startā€™
Error: Unable to start service ā€˜plexmediaserverā€™ "

donā€™t know why ? maybe wrong installation (but it seemed to be well-installedā€¦)

So, letā€™s try to find some time today so we can talk on the chat :smile:
found a 4g usb key so i can have internet

Iā€™m back, if your available to talk :smile:

iā€™m there too :)) will solve that I hope ))

well, for those who are interested, thanks to novakin who dev the app, i succedded to install the yunohost app plex on my distant server.
It allows to watch music and listen movies whereever i want ; itā€™s a streaming server actually.
The good thing is that i can download quickly torrents and access to the files almost as quickly.

Plus, you can share easily with your friends, which is pretty cool !
You could say that plex is not free, itā€™s not free if you want the app on your smartphone but thats all and for what i know, itā€™s the only app to propose such thing. subsonic is not free at all.
Owncloud is great but not to create a streaming server imo.

btw, if you installed the previous version of my package and if plexmediaserver is not starting after reboot please execute manually the following commands :

sudo update-rc.d plexmediaserver remove
sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver
sudo update-rc.d plexmediaserver defaults

It should be ok now

Hi Novakin, i donā€™t have access to quality & subtitles parameters during streaming (in the right up corner) like in this screenshot :

do you know why ?

edit : and, sorry to ask here but i donā€™t find the answer anywhere else, do you know how to calculate the maximum quality (1080p, 720p etcā€¦) of videos compared to the internet speed ?
Well I donā€™t find lots of informations about plex ; if you have any links related to that, thanks !!

Hi,

You can find a lot of usefull informations on plex forum. https://forums.plex.tv/

Concering the missing quality option, i think itā€™s because your kimsufi processor is not powerfull enough to transcode videos.

Concercing the quality settings, :

20 Mbps for 1080p
12 Mbps for 1080p
10 Mbps for 1080p
8 Mbps for 1080p
4 Mbps for 720p
3 Mpbs for 720p
2 Mbps for 768p
1,5 Mbps for 480p

In order to find out the bandwitdth required in Mo/MB you have to divide / 8

if you want to get a 20 Mbps quality your server needs to upload at 2,5 Mo/s and your client needs to download at 2,5 Mo/s