Pleroma: Unresolved "invalid credentials" bug

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS
YunoHost version: 11.0.10.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

I raised an issue yesterday about Pleroma here:

The other user said he has no issues with non-LDAP users, but I am pulling hairs unable to figure out why Pleroma cannot login to any user accounts at all.

In these results: Search results for 'pleroma login' - YunoHost Forum

Most of the threads are unresolved.

Documenting the solutions (none which are viable):

I don’t see any similar issue for Pleroma, but I would try to login using a browser in private mode without being logged in the SSO.

This didn’t work, even on private browsing in another browser!

reset password

Totally nonviable solution to on board non-technical users. Besides that, it doesn’t work either (whether through Pleroma backend admin or server commandline tool)

cleaning all cache in my brower (firefox).

Again nonviable solution. Makes no difference to do this if the issue still fails in another browser private browsing

Pleroma should be demoted from “high quality apps” as it fails even the most basic usage of logging in

Have you special characters (é,ç, œ, etc.) in your password ?
If I remember there is a problem with this

Nope. I made a new instance and used abcd12345 as the password.

Is your version running the latest Pleroma and Yunohost?

Pleroma 2.4.4

This problem occurs when your are logged in in the YunoHost Portal. Logging out of the Portal and then logging into Pleroma with the same user works.

I think is not anymore the case but who know…

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.