Packaging mautrix-whatsapp

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Internet Cube with VPN lime 2
**YunoHost ** 3.6.4.3 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : yes
If yes, please explain: root is on a SATA HDD and I installed a hotspot through usb-ethernet dongle.

Description of my project

mautrix-whatsapp an application service for matrix-synapse based on a postgres DB and installed thanks to golang-go. I managed to have the matrix-whatsapp puppeting bridge working on my server mainly by following the wiki:

I also spent some time finding the right configuration to make it work alongside synapse_ynh.

I started packaging it here:

Issues

In conf/app.src I added:
SOURCE_URL=https://github.com/tulir/mautrix-whatsapp.git
SOURCE_FORMAT=git
I’m wondering how to get the source files cloned from the app git repo into /opt/yunohost/$app

Should I copy the source files to my git repo and adapt the configuration files there?

Is there a chance that I get the package to a high level of integration while keeping the dependency to golang?

Alternatives

I’m wondering if it would be harder/better/cleaner to package one of the following apps instead:

1 Like

Wooho thank you @gauthier67 for starting this package ! I’m really interested in this :slight_smile:

My 2 cents…
I think Matterbridge is really ugly compare to puppetting bridge (which impersonate users) like mautrix-whatsapp ^^
I also kept an eye on this Ansible project for a long time, I requested to split bridges and synapse so I could use it with Yunohost. But I don’t think Ansible fit with Yunohost philosophy (but don’t take my word, I’m no maintainer). Though we could benefit from a lot of bridges and the hardwork done upstream. It could be awesome.

1 Like