[mautrix-whatsapp] Bridge between matrix and whatsapp

I think you could slightly improve the python installation steps by checking here :

You should probably not fork mautrix_whatsapp, just create a new repo and copy the files you need. You can push the files you modified directly here: YunoHost-Apps/mautrix_instagram_ynh · GitHub

I also created a repository for your mautrix_telegram_ynh. You can push files to it when you think you’re done.

how would I do this, my github account does not seem to have access to this repository?

If you plan to maintain the package you can ask to join the Yunohost-Apps organization, for instance in #freenode_#yunohost-apps:matrix.org. If not, then you can just open a pull request by first cloning YunoHost-Apps/mautrix_telegram_ynh · GitHub in a local folder, then copying your current project files in it, and then pushing.

WhatsApp Aero makes it easier to understand and use than the matrix-whatsapp app you can at Link

I don’t think I’ll be maintaining it anytime soon. I am not using the bridge right now so don’t wanna maintain an app I am not actively using,

Otherwise, I’ll try to do it over a weekend of hacking.

it seems to me that i cannot create a pull request to an empty repository.

Great! :slight_smile:

I added an empty README so you should be able to fork it in you repo and then to do a PR to the upstream repo.

A new Release of Mautrix-whatsapp is available in the testing branch. If you want to help testing it :

• Backup matrix-synapse AND mautrix_whatsapp TOGETHER
  • upgrade to the testing branch:
sudo yunohost app upgrade synapse -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/mautrix_whatsapp_ynh/tree/testing --debug

New release v0.1.10 and last before the migration to multi-device support.
Be careful not to upgrade your Whatsapp app before v0.2.0 is released

new release 0.2.3 with multi-device support and possibility to bridge an existing Matrix-Signal room. Should be available today in the app catalog.

dropping this here, but the question is for all the bridges: they are specifically for synapse, can’t be used on dendrite, right?

currently the YunoHost packages are for synapse_ynh yes, but I think in theory it should work with dendrite too.
You can try to tweak the config file by changing the

homeserver:
    # The address that this appservice can use to connect to the homeserver.
    address: https://__DOMAIN__
    # The domain of the homeserver (also known as server_name, used for MXIDs, etc).
    domain: __SERVER_NAME__

to that of dendrite mautrix_whatsapp_ynh/config.yaml at master · YunoHost-Apps/mautrix_whatsapp_ynh · GitHub
The important thing is to understand how to registrer the bridge app-service in dendrite

1 Like