Nginx error 500

I am not sure about the version I have since if I do yunohost -v I get moulinette %version%

None the less when going on the yunohost\sso page
if I make a mistake in the user name (for example I type it with a capital letter)
then I fall on to a 500 server error page.
I then need to empty the cache and cookies to get ride of this. (firefox)

Sounds like you might be running into this issue. See if the problem persists with chromium or chrome.

Both errors should be resolved by now. Please upgrade your system and tell us if you see anything else :wink:

Now I get redirected on a page about nginx server, but if I type Mydomain.tld/yunohost/sso

-> back to error 500

note I installed my own signed certificate (from startssl)

Try to empty your browser’s cache & cookies, Or try with another web browser (just for the record).

Otherwise, please paste me the lines in /var/log/nginx/your.domain-error.log

Hello,

When trying to log in to yunohost user panel or any given app, I’ve got a Nginx 500 error on Firefox.
Doesn’t happen with chromium.

error log:

2016/10/19 23:57:04 [error] 3809#0: *356 lua entry thread aborted: runtime error: /usr/share/ssowat/helpers.lua:41: bad argument #1 to ‘sub’ (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
coroutine 0:
[C]: in function ‘sub’
/usr/share/ssowat/helpers.lua:41: in function ‘starts’
/usr/share/ssowat/access.lua:133: in function </usr/share/ssowat/access.lua:1>, client: 89.80.176.112, server: XXX.net, request: “POST /yunohost/sso/?r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbGFqb3VhbmluZS5uXXX HTTP/1.1”, host: “XXX.net
2016/10/20 00:08:34 [error] 3808#0: *380 lua entry thread aborted: runtime error: /usr/share/ssowat/helpers.lua:41: bad argument #1 to ‘sub’ (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
coroutine 0:
[C]: in function ‘sub’
/usr/share/ssowat/helpers.lua:41: in function ‘starts’
/usr/share/ssowat/access.lua:133: in function </usr/share/ssowat/access.lua:1>, client: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, server: XXX.net, request: “POST /yunohost/sso/ HTTP/1.1”, host: “XXX.net

Solved for me -> bad configuration of firefox.
I follow these prescriptions to secure firefox http://www.blog-des-telecoms.com/securiser-firefox-quelques-parametres-aboutconfig/
I put network.http.sendRefererHeader in about:config of firefox at "0"
Now i put it back to “1” and it works perfectly

1 Like