[Nextcloud] still using PHP 7.4 instead of PHP >8.0

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online / Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 11.2.10.1
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If your request is related to an app, specify its name and version: nextcloud v28.0~ynh1

Description of my issue

Hi,

I recently installed nextcloud and didn’t do much on it. Then an update on 28.0 took place and since then I can not connect to it anymore. The app doesn’t start anymore. I click on the app symbol in the yunohost menu and nothing happens. If I use the URL, it redirects me to the to the yunohost menu.

I tried to put the app in maintenance mode and got the error of an outdated PHP version. I didn’t modify or change anything. So how did that happen?
And how to solve it?

Thanks

What is the Nextcloud’s version already installed ?
(You said that you installed it recently, so I think it’s OK, but according to other forum post, this error happens on upgrade from an old version).

And if it’s a recent version, did you by any chance changed the app setting ?
You can check the current app setting using sudo yunohost app setting nextcloud phpversion, and maybe some day you changed it to 7.4 ?

1 Like

This seems to be the problem. The output is 7.4
Maybe I updated from 27 to 28. But not more. I just started recently to test yunohost.
Is there a way to change it? As stated, I can not access the nextcloud UI anymore

Oh, so NextCloud is broken ?
Can you restore the last working backup ?

I just checked and seems like no backup was created yet in the backup folder. As I mentioned, I just started trying out yunohost and its apps. Is there another way to fix that? Worst case I could reinstall nextcloud as there are just a few users on it so far

On removal, user files are not deleted, BUT the database is (for example contacts and calendar are deleted).

So maybe you can try this, but maybe do a backup, always do backups !

I will need to check how to do a backup in yunohost. Thank you. I will let you know how it went with the re-installation :slight_smile:

it is working again. Thank you, I wonder where the option was to change to PHP 7.4. I checked and can’t find it. Just hope the issue won’t come up again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.