Nextcloud installation fails on a fresh yunohost instance

Hello there!

I am trying to install the nextcloud app on a fresh yunohost installation running on a raspberry pi 3.

However, I got a “Installation failed” on the top of my web browser screen. If I expand this logs, I find some warning messages:

+ source ./_common.sh
Exécution du script « /var/cache/yunohost/from_file/nextcloud_ynh-4e77a9219fe1c1aa46c3b871bd16f335ab37ae1a/scripts/remove »...
./_common.sh: line 249: ynh_replace_string: command not found
+ ynh_replace_string __NAMETOCHANGE__ nextcloud /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/nextcloud.conf

dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin:
debconf: falling back to frontend: Teletype
debconf: (This frontend requires a controlling tty.)
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Readline
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline
debconf: (Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an emacs shell buffer, or without a controlling terminal.)
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog

dh_installdeb: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)
dh_installchangelogs: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)
dh_installdocs: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)
dh_install: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)

dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin:
debconf: falling back to frontend: Teletype
debconf: (This frontend requires a controlling tty.)
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Readline
debconf: falling back to frontend: Readline
debconf: (Dialog frontend will not work on a dumb terminal, an emacs shell buffer, or without a controlling terminal.)
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Dialog

This seems to happen only for nextcloud, as I installed ttrss and hextris without issue.

Does anyone has an idea of what may cause this?

Thanks a lot.

Quick update on my investigations.

It seems like ynh_replace_string is a new helper from 2.6, while my version is 2.5.

So I’d need to update the version on my raspberry pi 3. However, system upgrade does not update the version, maybe because relevant packages are in “delayed upgrade” mode.

I am looking to how force the update now.

And another auto-reply :slight_smile:

Thanks to the support, we’ve figured out the issue, it was the issue with the version.

Official image is still in 2.5, but the nextcloud app does not check and use a feature from 2.6.

To solve it, connect to your raspberry via ssh, and run a:

apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

You might have a fatal error near the end related to git and etckeeper, but it’s not a real concern, the support told me etckeeper was quite tedious about having your git identity set, which is not in my case as I don’t need my raspberry pi to known about git.

Then check your version changed to 2.6, and run the nextcloud install again from the administration interface.

Hope that help someone :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you, it helped me

Happy new year to you