New app Invoice Ninja

Hey everyone,

I created a new app for Invoice Ninja.

Here’s the Github URL: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/invoiceninja_ynh: InvoiceNinja package for YunoHost

Invoice Ninja is the #1 open-source platform to create & email invoices, track payments and expenses, and time billable tasks & projects for clients.

Right now installing and removing works. Upgrading, backup and restore was not tested yet.

There are some other open tasks:

• Completely configure the env
  • Mail settings
  • Create Cronjobs
  • Create initial user?

Let me know what you think!

6 Likes

Hey @rndmh3ro,

Nice! I was looking for a good time-tracking app for my individual art practice and found Kimai. Unfortunately the Yunohost implementation of Kimai is an old version, and is currently looking for an adopter. Kimai 2 v0.6.1 Time-Tracking app

I am quite curious about Invoice Ninja as well. Do you think time tracking works well in it?

I think I will try out your app once I have my Yunohost installation up and running again.

Good luck testing!

1 Like

@MrMorals
The PR is on the way for the Kimai 2 https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/kimai2_ynh/pull/24

1 Like

Hey @kanhu,

Glad to see you back! How are you?

That is awesome :slight_smile: It is probably good if you reply to the thread here too at some point, to update the others that were interested.

Good luck with the final steps!

2 Likes

Hello,
does someone would like to try to upgrade invoiceNinja ynh to the 5 version ?

It seems there’s a lot of new features. (html invoice building for example)

Unfortunately I don’t think I could do it but could try to test if needed.

Thanks and have a good christmas time as possible !

See here for the discussion: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/invoiceninja_ynh/issues/12

And here for the code: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/invoiceninja5_ynh

Migration and some other things not working yet.

Hey there :slight_smile:

For the last 2 years, I’ve been using InvoiceNinja on a server that I didn’t run myself.
Now, I’m trying to get it running on my own Yunohost instance, and yet I can’t even get past the config screen.

On the very first page after the install process, I have this message:
Firefox_Screenshot_2021-08-05T17-26-05.793Z

Got it done by command line, and after refreshing the page, here I am :

Got it done as well in MARIADB…

Then everytime I push the SUBMIT button after completing everything, I get the “whoops, looks like something went wrong” page…

Any idea ?

Yunohost is on a VPS, at OVH, and behind a [mydomain . me / invoiceninja] url.

thanks !

ok, so far I tried :

• reinstalling the app : doesn’t work
  • reinstalling php (7.3) : doesn’t work
  • dropping invoiceninja database automatically built during the app install, and creating a new database and user@localhost, … : doens’t work

:man_shrugging:

The installation could not complete because invoiceninja checks if an env-file exists. if it does, it complains and setup wont finish. this fix comments the code for this check.

When this is merged into testing, we’ll merge into master and then you should be able to install invoiceninja!

I have installed Invoice Ninja on one of my YNH domains. I think it is brilliant and it does what I need. One thing it doesn’t do is public access.

Emails to clients include a link to collect the invoice, the domain name etc is correct but when they click on the link it directs to the domains YNH portal.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

dj

You have to allow the visitors-group access to the app. See the documentation here: Users groups and permissions | Yunohost Documentation

@rndmh3ro thats perfect. Thank you so much for your help. Working!

Have a good weekend

Dj