[moderation: over aggressive post moved to clean a discussion]

“regaining control of one’s privacy” by censoring applications. Are you kidding me?

That’s the decision of one to install or not proprietary applications (and give the company related it’s data). You may not have the use of it, but YOUR case is not general.

This is again a free-software integrism thing. It’s a “I take decision for you because I consider user as childs without brain so I need to show them what to install”. Are you really user-centered? or just some kind of users-centered? And we have the classic “you are free to do your shit somewhere else”, That’s not an answer I would give to user (proprietary sw or not), nice for you that YNH is not a company…

Yeah, even free software lover may need proprietary software sometimes. And to propose to easily install some of them is a good point of YNH.

For the proprietary app, free to you to not provide support (someone else can do it), but censoring it’s easy-install method is stupid from an user side. That’s a very sucker punch action. What it cost to you to let it like this and let users maintain them? Nothing.

Remember that many users use a tool, the politics that coming with it will not help to keep the servs up.

And for those who cares with the license, As I said earlier, there’s a little thing that indicate it in software installer, in the square of an app, in the installation part of webui.

Please don’t censor apps for political BS and we’ll speak like adults. Not listening user complains and bring them a big NO for a complain is just child acting.

And TBH, I don’t see a lot of proprietary apps in YNH. I don’t see the problem if those remain not the majority of the apps