Demande à la communauté / Ask the community

Hello,

I’m quite surprised to see this question pop’s up since it has already been decided long time ago, but I guess it’s probably a problem of communication or lost memory.

Anyway: YunoHost is a political FOSS (free and open source) project aimed for promoting and fighting for a decentralized Internet by promoting self-hosting with FOSS against GAFAM, surveillance and centralization, it has always been the case since day one of the project. Therefor including and promoting apps that are not FOSS is against the project objective and philosophy and it has always been said that we won’t do that.

Same has Aleks said, everyone is free to package whatever they want, we won’t go and hunt people down for that but those applications won’t be integrated in the community nor the official apps list. Maybe one day some people will gather to do a non-free apps list on the side.

I would like also to remind people to keep this discussion civilized, we are all volunteers and humans, with our life problems and limited energy and this kind of discussion can cost a cost of energy so I enjoin everyone to abstain from threatening, caricature, being other emotional, this will just hurt our energy and motivation to contribute on YunoHost and our common objectives. Please talk like civilized adults that just wants to solve a problem together and try to find a compromise, we are on the same boat.

I would also like to thanks liberodark for all the work he is doing on trying to contribute and improve YunoHost in his own way.

9 Likes