Minecraft server

There exists: GitHub - YunoHost-Apps/minecraft_ynh: Minecraft Server package for YunoHost since 2019 and there are changes 8 days ago (13.2.2021) … But it’s still missing in theYunoHost application catalog

Does anybody knows why?

Because Minecraft is not free software and the Yunohost project policy is to not include any non-free software in the default catalog.

(And agreed that it’s confusing that the app is in the Yunohost-Apps github organization - which is different than the catalog. We mentioned this a few times now, but no action taken yet…)

Hm.

Okay: If the policy is currently so: Then i guess to note this in the github README :wink:

But in the end i would guess to change this policy. I create a new thread for this.

I still updated the package because it’s a pity to have a broken package installed by so many users .
I have been weak… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see there are free, open source server alternatives, e.g.: GitHub - cuberite/cuberite: A lightweight, fast and extensible game server for Minecraft or GitHub - GlowstoneMC/Glowstone: A fast, customizable and compatible open source server for Minecraft: Java Edition

May a better alternative?!?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.