Manual update of redis-server

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online

YunoHost version: 11.2.8.2

I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Question:

Is it possible to run YunoHost with Redis 7.x?

I would like to update the version of the Redis server from the current version 6.0.16 to version 7.0.10 “by hand”. Does this cause problems for the functioning of the YunoHost basic system?

Well it’s difficult to say, we tend to stick to whatever vanilla debian provides, and it’s not like we are going to test if upgrading software X or Y breaks anything, so we can’t say wether or not this causes problems …

Also it’s usually better to explain why you’d like to perform such a thing. People often talk about their attempted solutions rather than the actual problem they’re trying to solve, and sometimes when explaining the actual problem, it turns out there is a much simpler solution…

Unfortunately, there is no “simpler” solution.

I had already raised the issue here, but unfortunately received no response: Firefish needs redis-server 7.x

I thought about activating the backport repo and updating redis-server and redis-tools with it, because essential functions of Firefish no longer work with the old Redis version.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Thank you @Lapineige for reopening the issue

I have package firefish and sharkey more recently which uses a version of redis actually superior to the one installed with yunohost.

Is there a solution to “force” the redis update or do I have to wait for Debian 12 bookworm ?