LAN/ethernet connection not detected by Yunohost

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop (Acer Aspire 5741-5193) 64-bit
YunoHost version: Just installed 4.1.8 (from the ISO downloaded from Yunohost.org)
I have access to my server : NO
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : Yes
If yes, please explain: The laptop has a broken screen, so I must use an external monitor. Ethernet cable is plugged in directly.

Description of my issue

I just installed Yunohost 4.1.8 on an old 64-bit laptop in the hopes of upgrading my current 32-bit Yunohost server.

During the installation, my ethernet connection was not detected. I thought this strange, but since the wireless connection WAS detected, I proceeded with the installation. (NOTE: The wired/ethernet connection worked fine when the machine was running Windows, and I can access the ethernet connection by booting Linux Mint or TAILS from USB, so I don’t think it’s the hardware that’s at fault).

As I said in a separate post, I am presented with a tty1 login screen when the machine boots, but I cannot get past this because no users/passwords are configured yet. And since Yunohost doesn’t see my LAN, I can’t access the web admin interface (yunohost.local, or the local IP). I just want to restore the backup from my old server!

Any help would be appreciated.

M

So I’m assuming you installed yunohost using our pre-installed iso ?

What about login: root, password: yunohost ?

1 Like

Thanks Aleks–that got me in!
And then I followed Problème installation Yunohost sur miniPC (pas de connexion) - #3 by didero to get the ethernet working.
Next I will copy the .tar and .info.json files for my backup into the /home/yunohost.backup/archives/ folder and try to restore them.

1 Like

Restoration appears successful!
Able to sign in directly to server using my admin login.
Able to sign in to web admin.
Able to sign in via SSH.
Able to sign in to the user portal and access all applications!
Hurrah!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.