How to reset Nextcloud - Uninstalling the app does not delete personal files and folders

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VM inside Proxmox
YunoHost version: 4.2.8.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin |
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hi, I uninstalled Nextcloud and when I reinstalled it, all my files and folders were still there, which is probably a good thing, but I would like to reset the app to factory defaults and completely delete the personal data from the server. How do I do this? There is no option in the uninstall screen.

Is this the case for all the other apps? How do I make sure all personal files have been deleted from the sever when uninstalling an app or how to reset an app?

The default politics about “big” files and remove depends of each apps. In the case of nextcloud you could run manually this command after the app has been removed:

rm -Rf /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud

An option has just been added in yunohost to add a --purge option on app remove. But apps need to adapt their script to deal with it…

thank you! well noted

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.