Cannot delete folders under the home/yunohost.app folder for apps no longer installed on server

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Dell Optiplex 9020
YunoHost version: 11.2.4
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin |
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello and thank you for your help in advance. I have several folders that are in my yunohost.app folder on my server from apps that I have installed and since uninstalled. I have gone back to try and re-install some of them, and each time the installations fail or I am unable to log in properly to the re-installed apps, and I believe these previous folders may be causing the issue. I have logged in as admin and attempted via both FileZilla and ssh to go in and delete these folders, but each time, through both SSH and FileZilla, I get a “permission denied” response when attempt to remove these folders.

I did attempt the procedure as stated in this post (How to reset Nextcloud - Uninstalling the app does not delete personal files and folders) but got the error below via SSH.

Any suggestions to resolve this are greatly appreciated.

Here are some error messages

VIa FileZilla:
Error: rmdir /home/yunohost.app/matrix-synapse: permission denied

Via SSH:
rm: cannot remove ‘/home/yunohost.app/nextcloud/data’: Permission denied

Hello,

You need to run these commands as the super user:

sudo rm -r /home/yunohost.app/matrix-synapse
sudo rm -r /home/yunohost.app/nextcloud
2 Likes

Thank you so much! This solved it! I appreciate the help for a yunohost/linux newbie like me!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.