How can I download the packages from my backup via terminal

how can I download the packages from my backup via terminal?
As you can read here in the forum, my system on the server was shot up by the last backup. Unfortunately you don’t get any answers here.
And I asked about it several times today.
The whole thing looks like this on my server …
NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 2.7T 0 disk
├─sda1 8:1 0 16G 0 part
│ └─md0 9:0 0 16G 0 raid1 [SWAP]
├─sda2 8:2 0 512M 0 part
│ └─md1 9:1 0 511M 0 raid1 /boot
├─sda3 8:3 0 1T 0 part
│ └─md2 9:2 0 1023.9G 0 raid1 /
├─sda4 8:4 0 1.7T 0 part
│ └─md3 9:3 0 1.7T 0 raid1 /home
└─sda5 8:5 0 1M 0 part
sdb 8:16 0 2.7T 0 disk
├─sdb1 8:17 0 16G 0 part
│ └─md0 9:0 0 16G 0 raid1 [SWAP]
├─sdb2 8:18 0 512M 0 part
│ └─md1 9:1 0 511M 0 raid1 /boot
├─sdb3 8:19 0 1T 0 part
│ └─md2 9:2 0 1023.9G 0 raid1 /
├─sdb4 8:20 0 1.7T 0 part
│ └─md3 9:3 0 1.7T 0 raid1 /home
└─sdb5 8:21 0 1M 0 part
root@darknight-coffee /home # dir
admin Multimedia yunohost.conf
carrabelloy yunohost.app yunohost.multimedia
lost+found yunohost.backup yunohost.transmission
root@darknight-coffee /home # cd yunohost.backup
root@darknight-coffee /home/yunohost.backup # dir
archives premigration tmp
root@darknight-coffee /home/yunohost.backup #

As you can read here in the forum, my system on the server was shot up by the last backup. Unfortunately you don’t get any answers here.
As you can see on the screen below.
Now I would like to know whether you can reset the whole thing via Terminal, because I don’t have the option via a browser
And I asked about it several times today.
The whole thing looks like this on my server …
Does anyone have an answer for me or is the work of a year’s blog Matrix Forum Mastrotdon shot up with it.
Because then I’ll have to look for other alternatives. Since the support here or among each other is probably only in English and French.
And after a year with the damage I don’t feel like staying at Yunohost anymore.

I may have an answear, but first, some tips to have an answer on this forum.I know you are not fluent in english or french, but the whole part after READ ME AND USE THIS TEMPLATE IF YOU WANT TO GET HELP ! needs to be filled, not just left here empty just to make a mess.
You can just delete the whole french part, and just keep the My YunoHost server part in english.
But even if you do not want to fill it, just delete it.

For the archives, you were quite close to them, they are all in /home/yunohost.backup/archives

1 Like

That does not answer my problem, which I have left here several times in the forum. Still, thank you for the tip. I don’t think anyone really gets ahead here and I’m probably not the only one who is now frustrated. Because this damage was caused by the update. That is just as incomprehensible as this forum.
So thanks again for pointing this out, but it still didn’t solve my problems.
Here’s something about that. And if you can think of something about my problem, please let me know or please come to this point, thank you.

Das beantwortet jetzt dennoch nicht mein Problem, was ich hier mehrfach im Forum hinterlassen habe. Trotzdem Dankeschön für den Tipp. Ich denke da hier niemand so richtig weiterkommt und ich wohl nicht der einzige bin der mittlerweile gefrustet ist. Denn diesem Schaden ist durch das, update entstanden . Das ist genauso unverständlich wie dieses Forum.
Danke also für den Hinweis nochmal, doch hat es meine Probleme immer noch nicht gelöst.
Hier noch was dazu. Und wenn ihnen was einfällt dazu, also zu meinem Problem, bitte geben Sie bescheid oder kommen Sie bitte dann doch zu diesem Punkt danke.

I know this is frustrating, especially when no answer is found, and when your server is down due to this.

I am pretty sure some solution will be found, as always, but keep in mind that everyone here is on it’s own free time, nobody is paid, and as it seems to be a quite complex problem (not impacting everyone, not a lot of info on it), there is no magic, and only hard work to find the problem and solve it.

I REALLY know it is frustrating, but creating more artificial frustration for everyone on the forum will absolutely not help.

1 Like

No, I agree with you, but then you should take some money. I donate so and so. Then one should introduce that to the obligation to take some money from each of us. At Cloudron, you do too. But they are very anti-social in terms of price.
Since I think that a little money helps the whole thing to keep something up to date. But not what cloudron is asking for money. That drives my costs too high in the year with the server. Because if you look through an update, a whole year of mine is broken. So something about reliability would be important. Because that is also frustrating. And this is not about a PI or something, but about a big fat server that costs me money every month. And that’s another 60 € and then again the prices of the domains. So you should understand me in the same way. Sorry that it has still not been adjusted in the forum, because I have problems every time setting it up in this forum but it frustrates me

Nein da gebe ich Ihnen recht, doch dann sollten Sie etwas Geld nehmen. Ich spende so und so. Dann sollte man das zum Flicht einführen von jedem von uns etwas Geld zu nehmen. Bei Cloudron tun Sie das auch. Doch die sind schon sehr asozial vom preis her.
Da ich finde, etwas Geld hilft das Ganzes besser aktuell etwas zu halten. Doch nicht was cloudron da an Geld verlangt. Das im Jahr mit Server meine Kosten zu hochtreibt. Denn schauen Sie durch ein Update ist ein ganzes Jahr von mir kaputt. Von daher wäre etwas zu Zuverlässigkeit wichtig. Denn das frustriert auch. Und hier geht es um keinen PI oder so, sondern um einen dicken fetten Server der mich monatlich Geld kostet. Und das sind noch mal 60 € und dann nochmal die Preise der Domains . Daher dürften Sie mich genauso verstehen. Sorry das es hier immer noch nicht etwas angepasst worden ist im Forum, da ich hier jedes Mal beim Einstellen Probleme habe in diesem Forum frustriert mich doch

I kann (ein bisschen) auf Deutsch sprechen und ich kann Deutsch verstehen.
I habe nicht total verstanden, was das problem ist. Kannst du dein problem noch einmal erklären ?

Ob die frage “Wie kann ich mein backup herunterladen?” ist, kannst du den scp Terminal-Befehl führen :
scp admin@HOST-IP:Dateiordner/Datei LokalDatei

Entschuldigung für die Fehler.

1 Like

There already are donations, I have no idea exactly how much and where it is used, but there is at least the hosting and builds (forum, system build, app tests, app builds), I am pretty sure that there is not anything close to a small salary, and to have someone with an expertise with the system AND all apps, this person will not accept a small salary.

I am pretty sure that the current problems comes from the last NextCloud upgrade, but it is due to a system problem, an integration problem, a nextCloud problem, or something totally unrelated ? I have no idea.
For example I’ve seen someone who rebooted it’s server DURING the upgrade. Clearly the fault here is on the user side, even if it would maybe have been avoided with a clear message saying that the upgrade is heavy and will slow down the server (even a big one) during a long time.
I have no idea what this upgrade did, and I have no idea on what to look for, but I think that nobody knows yet, and it might be looked after sometime (this weekend ? later ? never ? I have no idea, and I am not able to do it)

The best thing you can do, as always when you manage a server :

• Have backups
  • Regularly test the backups
  • If something crash, you are supposed to have backups, and are supposed to have already tested how to work with them, so no problems.

YunoHost have build-in backup/restore process, maybe not the best one, but there are already other integration to do something better (I use borg, to backup on a separated disk, and on an offline disk too). I think the backup process will be enhanced in the next versions, but for now, if everytheng is broken, just restore the backups.

You can’t do that. Look at the screen above, then I would do that. I made a screen and if you look up I can’t even make a backup back.
Because otherwise I would have done that or can you tell me how I can get hold of all my backup packages. As I have already written. Look, I cannot initiate a restore via the panel.
So I asked here in the forum if anyone knew.
Thank-you
Das geht doch nicht schauen Sie sich oben den Screen an, dann würde ich das tun. Habe extra ein Screen gemacht und wenn Sie oben schauen kann ich nicht mal ein Backup zurück machen.
Denn sonst hätte ich das getan oder können Sie mir sagen wie ich an meine ganzen Backup-Pakete ran kommen könnte. Da wie ich schon geschrieben habe. Schauen Sie ich kann über das Panel kein Restore einleiten.
Daher hatte ich hier mal im Forum gefragt, ob das jemand weiß.
Dankeschön

Thank you, could you please explain that to me in more detail because with the last update as above on the screen, the old one cannot be restored as in the screen.

Dankeschön könnten Sie mir das bitte noch, was genauer erklären da durch das letzte Update wie oben auf dem Screen, das alte sich nicht wiederherstellen lässt wie in dem Screen.

Before trying to download them, let’s see what is in your backup directory. Can you share the output of:

sudo ls -la /home/yunohost.backup/archives
1 Like

I’ll try it right away, as not even one page opens anymore.
and I can only access it via a reserve, i.e. via Red Controller
because otherwise I won’t even get to my terminal

Ich werde gleich probieren , da jetzt nicht mal mehr eine Seite aufgeht.
und ich nur über einer Reserve also über Red Controller dann darauf zugreifen kann
denn sonst komme ich nicht mal mehr auf mein Terminal :thinking:

@tituspijean

root@darknight-coffee ~ # sudo ls -la /home/yunohost.backup/archives
total 317375004
drwxr-x--- 2 admin root         4096 Jun 23 19:09  .
drwxr-x--- 5 admin root         4096 May  9 17:40  ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root         3142 Mar 11 21:01 '20210311-195045 (1).info.json'
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root  41385072640 Mar 14 15:55 '20210311-195045 (1).tar'
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root  91136212992 May 10 10:33  20210510-071533.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root         2899 May 20 01:28  20210519-220012.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root 110382970880 May 20 01:28  20210519-220012.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          466 Jun  1 00:33  20210531-223329.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root    172103680 Jun  1 00:33  20210531-223329.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          466 Jun  1 07:41  20210601-054130.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root    172103680 Jun  1 07:41  20210601-054130.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          318 May 26 16:07  bitwarden-pre-upgrade2.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root     94392320 May 26 16:07  bitwarden-pre-upgrade2.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          306 Jun 22 02:31  castopod-pre-upgrade2.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root    186050560 Jun 22 02:31  castopod-pre-upgrade2.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          332 Apr 25 02:09  ffsync-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root    136171520 Apr 25 02:09  ffsync-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          294 Jun 14 17:14  flarum-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root     85944320 Jun 14 17:14  flarum-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          341 May 24 22:45  hubzilla-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root    319057920 May 24 22:45  hubzilla-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          314 Jun 11 19:19  mastodon--2-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root  13151744000 Jun 11 19:19  mastodon--2-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root  root          306 May 20 21:07  mastodon-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root  root  38603520000 May 20 21:07  mastodon-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root  root  25212694528 May 24 00:02  mastodon-pre-upgrade2.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root    172244992 Jun 23 19:17  nextcloud-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          341 Jun 23 16:42  nextcloud-pre-upgrade2.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root   1409136640 Jun 23 16:42  nextcloud-pre-upgrade2.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          384 Jun 19 19:09  peertube-pre-upgrade2.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root   1966499840 Jun 19 19:09  peertube-pre-upgrade2.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          315 Jun 15 23:17  pixelfed-pre-upgrade1.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root    140482560 Jun 15 23:17  pixelfed-pre-upgrade1.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          319 Jun  5 10:25  searx-pre-upgrade2.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root     94822400 Jun  5 10:25  searx-pre-upgrade2.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root          384 May 25 18:32  wordpress--2-pre-upgrade2.info.json
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root    170598400 May 25 18:32  wordpress--2-pre-upgrade2.tar

let’s see when I have everything down
let’s see when I have everything down

how I then get the whole thing restored

mal schauen wenn ich alles herrunter habe

wie ich dann das ganze wieder hergestellt bekomme

I’m curious to see when everything is downloaded so between 16 hours can still be 10 hours at most as it all looks.
:pleading_face:

Bin mal gespannt, wann dabei alles heruntergeladen ist also wischen 16 Stunden kann dennoch 10 Stunden maximal so wie es alles aussieht.

:man_facepalming:

I see you have found how to download them. You may want to strategize and download the most recent one? (20210601-054130.tar) You can also check their contents with the information in the .info.json files.

2 Likes

oh thanks

I have a problem it is taking so long now and what do you think your worth entering? Could you be more specific about their value. Is the? @tituspijean Thanks for your idea and answer. Stay healthy

Ich habe ein Problem er braucht jetzt so lange und wie meinen Sie ihren wert einzugeben bitte? Könnten Sie ihren Wert etwas genauer bezeichnen. Geht das? @tituspijean Danke für ihre Idee und Antwort. Bleibe Gesund

@tituspijean I also installed some packages at different times
In addition, I installed some packages at different times
therefore this should not be applicable to your information like this: pleading_face:
Because I added applications at very different times.
Thank you for the great information: 100:: ok_hand:: +1:: muscle:: writing_hand:
Because it may very well be applicable the next time or someone else may have a similar error. So thanks again and: 100:: +1:

@tituspijean In addition, I installed some packages at different times
Es kommt dazu hinzu das ich einige Pakete zu unterschiedlichen Zeiten installiert habe
daher dürfte das zu Ihren Informationen so nicht anwendbar sein :pleading_face:
Da ich eben Anwendungen ganz unterschiedlich Zeiten hinzugefügt habe.
Ich danke Ihnen dennoch für die tollen Infos :100: :ok_hand: :+1: :muscle: :writing_hand:
Denn es kann doch beim nächsten Mal dann sehr wohl anwendbar sein oder jemand anders hat vielleicht so einen ähnlichen Fehler. Daher nochmals Danke und :100: :+1: :blush:

If I have to set it up again, the question arises whether the correct version for my server is still powered by [YunoHost] (https://yunohost.org) 4.2.6.1

Wenn ich das neu Aufsetzen muss, stellt sich mir die Frage ob, dass noch die richtige Version für meinen Server ist angetrieben von YunoHost 4.2.6.1
(stable).

@frju365 @Mamie @tituspijean @Obelix @YunoHost What can I do if this path doesn’t work out. I was a good bit further with an almost 70 GB and now it starts again because my provider had a problem. And I have to and do it, but it starts again like in the upper screen. But see for yourself the new screen and the path described below

Ps. I hope nobody feels bothered that I have put the old tweet with a new fork for a new request and tweet request. Since I think there are two different questions asked by the fact and thus a clear form and new request for the tweet
Thank-you

Was kann ich das machen, wenn dieser Weg nicht klappt. Ich war zwar ein gutes Stück mal weiter bei einem fast 70 GB und jetzt fängt er neu wieder an, weil bei meinem Provider eine Störung war. Und ich muss und tue es auch, doch es geht wie im oberen Screen wieder los. Doch seht selbst zum neuen Screen und unten beschriebenen Weg

Ps . Ich hoffe, es fühlt sich keiner gestört das ich den Alten Tweet einen neuen Fork für eine neue Anfrage und Tweet-Anfrage dazu gestellt habe. Da ich denke, es sind zwei unterschiedliche durch den Umstand gestellte Fragen und somit einer klaren Form und neue Anfrage zu dem Tweet
Danke schön

I see you figured out how to download it. Maybe you want to develop a strategy and download the latest version? (20210601-054130.tar) You can also use the information in the .info.json files to check their contents.

Wie ich sehe, hast du herausgefunden, wie man sie herunterlädt. Vielleicht möchten Sie eine Strategie entwickeln und die neueste Version herunterladen? ( 20210601-054130.tar) Sie können deren Inhalt auch anhand der Informationen in der .info.jsonDateien.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.