Hm maybe? But how (migrate from VM to YuNO-more VM?!)

Hardware: Rackserver - VM
YunoHost version: 4.0.8.3 (stable).
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin | direct access via keyboard / screen | …
All of the above
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:
no

Description of my issue

Overal unstable installation, processes constantly getting killed due to lack of resources? That’s bull since I got plenty, but I know windows is still taking some since VM…

Now I do want to migrate from my VM to a directly installed version of Yuno but what is the correct way to migrate and keeping all of it’s content? then Yuno will have access to all of the available resources.

Thanks, @Aleks might that YuKnow the answer ;-)?

Do a full backup of your system (using yunohost backup features) and do a full restore in place of the postinstall on the new system : Backing up your server and apps | Yunohost Documentation

1 Like

Hmm yeah about that.

10 min later:
Look PACMAN is still going.

OOPS?

It looks like the backup archive ‘/home/yunohost.backup/archives/20201225-195246.tar.gz’ is corrupted : CRC check failed 0xb17d6d70 != 0xa223bfb9L

@Aleks I cant’ backup via the panel, any other method or can I just clone my VDI to a real disk?

… Why “can’t’” you …

1 Like

Because pac man is there and he is not going away, the creating of the backup is taking to long and eventually I get logged out or it just hanging on something.

What’s the order or magnitude of the data you’re trying to backup ? Is it like 100MB, 1GB, 10GB, 100GB, 1TB ?

1 Like

Sorry I gave an el-stupido answer there.

I meant the biggest thing, that is issuing a time-out is about 4,7 GiB which is our megastore DB.

The overall size of the virtual Harddrive which is actually and SSD (but old terms in (n)vm software, get it? Never mind software or (n) virtual machine ;-)). is like a 1 Tb Drive but drive since windows is a joke on messing up actual drive sizes, It is around 900 GiB,

Zblerg alright, I guess I would either:

• if the endless pacman is really suspicious (like, the backup has been going for 30min~1hour), check the javascript console to see if there’s any obvious error that might be related
  • and/or try to run the backup from the command line instead

Can you give me the docs on command line backup please?

https://yunohost.org/administrate/overview/backups

Fout: Not enough free space on ‘/home/yunohost.backup/archives’

Now what? Since I got plenty of space left…

@Aleks Please?

Hmm I found that there was some sticky residue from an old cloud thing lets remove a few 100 GB of data first :man_facepalming: :smiley:

Well low and behold that worked… it’s backing up now so I let it do its thing overnight.

1 Like

oke it ending up being around 350 GIB

Now it takes another 4 hours to download it via ftp. however after doing post on the new install can I just upload It back via FTP?

Your answer is like a traffic light right now it’s RED… Can you give me a GREEN Monsieur @Aleks?

I’ve lost track of what’s happening and what we’re trying to do …

1 Like