Got VPNClient Working (I think) but IP still seems exposed

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Old laptop or computer
YunoHost version: 11.1.15 (stable)
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

After a lot of tweaking and chatting with the good people at Neutrinet, I seem to have got the vpn-client app working. Yunohost Admin Panel says it isn’t but tun0 is up and active and being tracked as logged in by Neutrinet and when I ssh in to my yunohost server and do ip a it also reports tun0 as up.

The ‘DNS & IPv6’ sections in the vpn-client web admin interface also correctly state they are using Custom DNS resolvers and lists the correct IP addresses provided by Neutrinet.

However, if I do a search on my noho.st domains e.g. https://myserverathome.noho.st at a site like https://hostingchecker.com/ it still shows the host IP as my ISP provided one. I was expecting the IP to now resolve to Neutrinet.

Have I totally misunderstood how having the server behind a VPN tunnel would help me? I’m trying to maintain as much online privacy as possible. I want to host a WordPress site at some point but I really don’t want everyone able to geographically locate me and/or know who my ISP is.

If I have understood correctly and Neutrinet’s IP should be showing when people run a search on where the server is hosted then have I missed a step? Is there a way to force all traffic through the tun0 interface?

EDIT: I took a look at the last dyndns log after I got tun0 up and it was caching my old ISP provided ipv4 ip address. Neutrinet prefer you to use just IPv6 so I tried to force dyndns to update like so:

yunohost dyndns update --force

But the operation timed out:

Info: Updated needed, going on... Error: [Errno 110] Connection timed out Info: The operation 'Update the IP associated with your YunoHost subdomain 'myserverathome.noho.st'' could not be completed. Please share the full log of this operation using the command 'yunohost log share 20230404-164508-dyndns_update-myserverathome.noho.st' to get help Error: Could not update IP address to DynDNS

This seems to be a known intermittent issue with yunohost’s dyndns.