[Friendica] Logging in as admin after new installation

After installing Friendica, in Yunohost Admin Panel > Applications > Friendica, there is a section that reads:

User with LDAP admin rights

For admin rights: When installation is complete, you will need to visit your domain page and login with the admin account username and password which was entered at the time of installation process. You can then create your profile and access the admin panel.

Please could this be updated? The installation no longer needs any input from the user (at least, it didnā€™t from meā€¦).

After installation, the admin user has to create an account (they canā€™t log in) on their newly-installed Friendica server using their Yunohost administrator username and email address (not their password) and a Friendica account will be created with admin privileges built in.
A password is generated by Friendica and emailed to their Yunohost admin email address, which they can use to sign in, and then change the password in their account settings.
If successful, the word ā€œAdminā€ should appear in their Friendica accountā€™s drop-down list in the top-right of the screen, after ā€œSettingsā€.

That notice on the Applications page led me around in circles for about half an hour, because there is no information (or if there is, I havenā€™t found it) in the Friendica documentation or in general on the Web about this. I guess itā€™s a specifically Friendica-on-Yunohost thingā€¦?

Would you mind reporting an issue agains friendica_ynh?

Hi, thanks for the tip. I am struggling to login after an install. Can you clarify what you mean with:

After installation, the admin user has to create an account (they canā€™t log in) on their newly-installed Friendica server using their Yunohost administrator username and email address (not their password)

How do I create this account?
thanks

You have to sign up to your own instance. Under where you would log in, you should see a ā€˜Sign upā€™ or ā€˜Registerā€™ button. The credentials that you use are what make your Friendica account the admin account for the instance.

• The username should match your Yunohost admin userā€™s username
  • The email address should match your Yunohost admin userā€™s email address
  • The nickname can optionally be different (I have set mine to admin)

E.g.: this is the profile of one of Friendicaā€™s lead developers. His nickname is Hypolite Petovan, his username is hypolite, and his username forms the first part of his Fediverse handle, hypolite@friendica.mrpetovan.com.

1 Like

Thanks, that really helped and I got the admin user setup. The documentation really does need an update!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.