- nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
- PermitRootLogin yes # find PermitRootLogin and change no to yes in front of it
- Ctrl+x , then y enter
- Service ssh restart
In your linux file browser like Nautilus,Nemo,PCManFM,Thunar type:
You will be asked for password enter it and you will be taken to /root folder. Same configuration should work with Filezilla i.e. sftp domain.tld 22
This is very dangerous configuration, I was exploited by this configuration when I started to use Yunohost for the first time.
- You should enable keys to login and disable password in sshd_config same way you enable PermitRootLogin
- You should have at least 2 keys for two different devices in case one of your device crashes.
- You should change port from 22 to something else in sshd_config and use this port instead of 22.
- You can define the ip’s which are allowed to have login access to root. This is good option if you have static ip’s.