Audio/video calls with metronome/Conversations

YunoHost version: 4.0.8
metronome: 3.14.1+ynh10-1

:uk:/:us:

I would make possible the user of my Yunohost to pass audio/video calls with their XMPP metronome account inside Conversations. Chat and image/file sharing is working well (after metronome BOSH configuration de BOSH).

Problem

According to Conversations doc , the XMPP server has to be configured to support XEP-0215: External Service Discovery. I guess that in addition the coturn Debian package has to be installed, but I don’t really know how to proceed and have only a production server to test, so I would be happy to get your advices before ! Thanks !

:fr:

Je souhaite permettre aux utilisateurs de mon Yunohost de passer facilement des appels audio/video avec leur compte XMPP metronome dans Conversations. Le chat et le partage d’image fonctionne bien (après configuration de BOSH dans metronome).

Problème

D’après la doc Conversations , il faut que le serveur XMPP (metronome) soit configuré pour supporter la XEP-0215: External Service Discovery. Je suppose qu’il faut installer en plus le paquet Debian coturn, mais je ne sais pas comment procéder et n’ai qu’un serveur de prod pour tester, donc j’aimerai avoir vos conseils avant ! Merci !

Related to this discussion : https://github.com/YunoHost/issues/issues/1607

In case anybody’s interested to actually implement this in the core, that would make a nice newcomer first contribution

2 Likes

Many thanks @Aleks ! I’ll continue testing but it already looks pretty good :slight_smile:
I’ll try to propose a PR.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.