[æneria] A little dashboard to analyse your electricity consumption data

æneria for YunoHost

Integration level

Install æneria with YunoHost

*This package allows you to install æeneria quickly and simply on a YunoHost server.

If you don’t have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.*

Overview

The idea of æneria is to display energy consumption and weather data on a little dashboard that allow the user to:

• Better understand our own energy consumption

• Analyse energy consumption throw weather data

Shipped version: 1.1.6

Screenshots

æneria startup screen

Configuration

• First of all, you’ll need a Linky and an Enedis account

• In your Enedis space, go to “Gérer l’accès à mes données” tab, and allow Enedis to collect and store your hourly consumption

• After that, install æneria to your Yunohost instance, visit it and just follow instructions

• That’s it, now wait a bit to see data appear !

Documentation

More information can be found on æneria documentation.

Comming from Pilea

æneria is the new name of Pilea. This new name came whith a brand new version.

This new version introduced some breaking changes in data structure: migration from Pilea can’t be done automaticly.

But don’t worry, you can easilly transfer your data from Pilea to æneria following this documentation.

YunoHost specific features

• Integrate with YunoHost users and SSO

• Allow one user to be the administrator (set at the installation)

• Allow multiple instances of this application

Supported architectures

• x86-64 - Build Status

• ARMv8-A - Build Status

Links

Developer info

Please send your pull request to the testing branch.

To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.

sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/aeneria_ynh/tree/testing --debug

or

sudo yunohost app upgrade aeneria -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/aeneria_ynh/tree/testing --debug

3 Likes

After some testing, here it is !

I’m plaese to tell you that the new version of æneria (former Pilea) is ready to be used with YunoHost !

It could be nice to have some feedbacks :slight_smile:

Cheers
Simon

Just installed it two days ago. I didn’t know it was not ready yet. It’s working perfectly.

The sharing feature is really nice. I can share my dashboard and energy consumption with my roommates easily.
I’m eager to collect more data now :slight_smile:

It was ready since 1 or 2 weeks, but I wanted to test it a bit before advertising it :slight_smile:

Working great !
Just a few things that could be better :

• the redirections to allow data sharing at the beginning of the configuration was a bit sketchy and took me several tries to get through
  • 2 weeks data collection limit is a bit annoying, it took me like 20 minutes to collect a whole year of data. I understand that you cant allow a huge traffic at once and it’s really not that bad, i’m just trying to find cons :smiley:

Otherwise it’s really great, visualisation is fast and clear and it’s great to have consumption average and top/min. Do you plan to add custom weather station (or perhaps an option to use meteociel.com weather data or whatever) ?

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

the redirections to allow data sharing at the beginning of the configuration was a bit sketchy and took me several tries to get through

Do you experience bug cause you weren’t connected to your Enedis account the first time ? There’s some bugs with the Enedis part, I post on their forum, I’m waiting to know if the error comes from the way I use their API ot from them

2 weeks data collection limit is a bit annoying, it took me like 20 minutes to collect a whole year of data. I understand that you cant allow a huge traffic at once and it’s really not that bad, i’m just trying to find cons

There’s 2 reasons for this limitation:

• First, you’re right, since all aeneria instance installed with yunohost will use the same Enedis API credentials, we need to be sure we will not exceed quota
  • Then, this feature was, at first, designed to let user refresh broken data (at the beginning, data from Enedis wasn’t always good, you could even have no data for a particular day. But these data could appear like 1 week later). And to make it quickly, I didn’t develop mechanism to collect data in background. So to avoid some server timeout, I’ve limited to 2 weeks.

Do you plan to add custom weather station (or perhaps an option to use meteociel.com weather data or whatever) ?

I don’t think Meteociel has an API to get data ? I’m interested if you have info about it.
For now, it will just be MeteoFrance Synop data cause data are free and easy to get. And I don’t want to multiply sources cause I don’t want to maintain to much code.
I’d like to have much stations, but I will change actual behavior only if I can find a new source with more stations to replace MeteoFrance Synop data.

1 Like

I have a specific use-case : I moved and would like to import the data from pilea (old address) to æneria (where I just configured the new address).
Is there a way to create an address without link to enedis, but still data inside ?

I was not connected to the enedis dashboard when i first clicked on the aeneria link, which lead to funky endless redirections between enedis websites, i somehow managed to stop the cycle at the right time and logged in… Tried this with the same behaviour on Vivaldi and Firefox.

Apparently creating an API is being discussed on the meteociel forum but it is a solo hobby developper website so it’s a whole lot of work for just him… As it would be a whole lot of work for just you to implement everything in aeneris i guess !

I have an additionnal request, very simple stuff : we changed our electricity provider today and i could not find the delivery point number on the aeneris dashboard. Would be nice to put it in the address box…

Otherwise it’s really great !

I have an additionnal request, very simple stuff : we changed our electricity provider today and i could not find the delivery point number on the aeneris dashboard. Would be nice to put it in the address box…

Good idea, aeneria don’t keep this info for now, I’m gonna see what I can do

Just found a weird little bug. Asked for “current week” on the dashboard and it selected this timeframe :

Not critical but i thought i showed you all :smiley:
That’s all for today !

Thanks for your work!
I’ve installed Aeneria and since then I noticed in my logs (though Logwatch, in the Postfix section) an error related to e-mail sent to a wrong user:
User unknown. Command output: lda([aeneria@truc.ynh.fr](mailto:aeneria@truc.ynh.fr),)

Any idea of the reason?
Thanks.

oups’ :confused: i’m gonna check that

Hi @marco

I’ve no idea why this mail is sent.

I think that as aeneria is not a yunohost user but a unix user, he hasn’t a mail account ?
I don’t know if it’s an issue due to aeneria package or yunohost ?

For your information, aeneria, for now, doesn’t send mail at all

thanks for your answer @enuts.
I will check deeper

I’m curious :face_with_monocle: : are you using the DataConnect endpoint, that are designed for professionnal use ? or is it still a webscrapping of the user’s dashboard (as I understood it some time ago) ? If so, what credentials would be shared by all installs ?

Hi @Jaxom99,

æneria uses Dataconnect API.

I’ve created a micro-entreprise to have a SIRET to get credentials to use this API. At first, cause I want to create a public instance of æneria and sell subscriptions. But these crendentials are also used by a community proxy-server. æneria instances installed with Yunohost are configured to use this proxy.

[instance installed with Yunohost] <==> [community server] <==> [Enedis API]

This proxy server let everyone use Enedis API throw my account but let me keep my credentials secret.

Webscraping method is no longer possible cause new Enedis website uses google captcha.

Cheers,
Simon

1 Like

Great, very interesting. I work on the same subject, via an open-source project : You may want to check out GitHub - consometers/data-connect: Notre expérience avec le service Data Connect d’Enedis :wink:

We’re exploring the legal and technical challenges associated with sharing energy data, and Enedis is a co-funder of the project now.

Anyway, I’ll keep an eye on your project and your business model ! The obligation of a SIRET was indeed identified as a downside…

1 Like

I’ve just received an email from Enedis to warn me that a problem appeared last week. Seems that all authorization have been deleted…

So to fix it:

• go to config panel,
  • click on edit button of your address
  • click on changer de compteur button
  • follow instructions

I’m gonna add soon a mechanism to add notification to let people know when authorization isn’t granted anymore.

edit: you’ll may be need to update to aeneria 1.1.3

After a few unseccessful tries I was ready to complain as always and then i updated to 1.1.3…
Worked like a charm, thanks :smiley:

EDIT :

Well i’m not so sure after all ! Got that error when saving the updated linky…