Yunohost install menu graphical glitch

Hey all,

Firstly, thanks for putting so much into this OS, it is an important piece of the freedom puzzle. I really have struggled to find this particular error replicated anywhere else online so a bit stumped - I have tried both x86 & 64bit installs however I have installed on virtualbox with no problem - I just want to run yuno as stand-alone.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers

My YunoHost server

Hardware: X570-UD; Ryzen 5 5600g; radeon on-board gfx; 64gb ddr3.

YunoHost version: 4.1.8 (x86 & 64bit) for regular PC.

**I have access to my server : direct access via keyboard / screen | …

Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

After selecting the recommended graphical installation option the entire screen starts tearing when its bootstrapping - once the install program has loaded, the option menu has the same graphical tears across everything. I cannot read any text. I have video on dropbox - Dropbox - yunohost.mp4 - Simplify your life

Currently have Ubuntu 20.04.3 64bit installed - running yuno from bootable flash - want to replace Ubuntu with yuno.

1 Like

Try to install debian 10 (I looked in the Internet and it seems that your hardware is newer than what debian 10 supports, but take a try)
You could try the cli instead.
If it didn’t work try with debian 11. If it works you can install yunohost 11 using the install script. Even if it is still beta but most of the apps are working correctly.

1 Like

Ah ok thanks man - so there is a yunohost on deb11? will have a look. Thanks again!

More infos here : Beta-stage testing for Yunohost 11.0/Bullseye and Buster->Bullseye migration
This is still a beta, but it is quite stable now, and very few apps still do not work.

Yeah so gave it a try - still getting the same glitch… my initial thought was something to do with the onboard gfx…?

So Debian 11 has the same outcome - even the text install option for yuno does it :confused: stuck. server machine is non-functional. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Take a look at this

You may try proxmox and install yunohost in a VM.

Shot bud, gonna give that a go :muscle:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.