Yunohost and samba

hi,

I tried to share harddrive via samba and so I made an sudo apt-get install samba, samba-common on my yunohost server.
I conf the smb.conf. I add pi in groups, allwow guest, etc. and … nothing. $

the prob is that : I made that on others raspberry (but without yunohost) and that work perfectly so my question is "Is there a other thing to do ? (a ynohost configuration ?, open a port or something ???).

Note : seems also that samba reset user password. I had to recreate the pi account and my user password for yunohost? is that really a good idea to install samba ?? I have doublt now :smiley:

thanks.

Hi @elekis,
I roughly had the same experiences with samba on yunohost. I also successfully set up a samba server on an ArchLinux, but unfortunately I didn’t make it on an armbian with yunohost.
I’m very interessted in solutions! Maybe someone in this forum might help us.

I don’t know much about Samba, but I expect it to need a port to be able to connect. So you should make sure that the port used by Samba is opened in Yunohost’s firewall… See yunohost firewall --help.

Indeed, opening ports 137, 138, 139 and 445 for both tcp ad udp fixed it for me.
But in fact I think that yunohost firewall allow TCP 445 should be enough.

No luck with samba on rpi here too. Opening ports does not help :disappointed_relieved:
There must be something yunohost-specific, as I’ve done that easily before, without knowing much of networking.
Could it be ssh or dns related?

I am interested too if someone finds the solution.

Hi all, the only solution I found is to install Time Machine on my second raspberry (not yunohost).
if that can help (https://melioratif.net/2017/09/02/time-machine/)

I think it would be great to have a yunohost app to configure samba on yunohost, and make it simple to choose the shared folders and the rights on each one (readable only, writeable, protected with a password etc…).
But I have no idea of the difficulty, and have no skill to do that…
Maybe starting with a how to could help too, with example of the config file and explanation about access rights of folders and samba.

Exactly right

It seems I’m one step further:
In my smb.conf I changed to the following:

wins support = no
  wins server = 192.168.1.1

and now I’m able to see my samba server in the Win10 Explorer. Unfortunately I cannot access the shared folders…
I’ll keep you posted if I find a solution.