Collecting interesting news and information about YunoHost & Internet Cube projects. Read previous Surveillance Reports on the forum: https://forum.yunohost.org/c/announcement.
- New stable release
- Vagrant Boxes and Developer tools
- Miscellaneous news
- Past events
- Upcoming events
New stable release
2.4 is out ! \o/
Few weeks ago we released a new major version of YunoHost, called 2.4.
Please read these announcements for detailed information:
News about app packaging in YunoHost 2.4 version: News about app management and packaging in YunoHost 2.4
- Linux-Dash Linux-Dash package resurrection
- Sonerezh https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/sonerezh_ynh
- PluXml PluXml package enhancements Update to PluXml 5.5, works with YunoHost 2.4, other enhancements
- DokuWiki update to 2015-08-10a ‘Detritus’ version.
- Radicale Reprise du serveur caldav/carddav Radicale
- Searx updated to 0.9 version
Call for testing
- a BETA version (as in “use it at your own risks”) for the Nextcloud package is available and is looking for testers: https://github.com/YunoHost/nextcloud_ynh. Note that the migration from ownCloud is provided and described here - which is also looking for testers! Thanks!
New GitHub organisation for apps
We have started to move all apps to a new github organisation YunoHost-Apps: Organisation YunoHost-Apps
Vagrant Boxes and Developer tools
We’d love to have more contributors to the YunoHost / InternetCube projects, but we’re aware that our codebase is huge, split in various repositories, and setting up a development environment is not really easy. That’s why we worked on the ynh-dev tool.
Basically it’s a wrapper around Vagrant and VirtualBox to create a local development environment. Read the full documentation for more information and examples.
Raw Vagrant boxes are available on Hashicorp Atlas
- Our meeting minutes are now published online on http://pv.yunohost.org.
We have also started posting our meeting minutes on the forum and on the mailing list to create more discussion.
the “apps in progress” page is now way more explicit regarding the viability of apps https://yunohost.org/#/apps_in_progress_fr
We submitted an amendment to the public suffix list for the nohost.me/noho.st domains. This could help us to provide Let’s Encrypt certificates for these domains, among other improvments. Follow our pull-request: https://github.com/publicsuffix/list/pull/250
- Atelier La Brique Internet au Poop : https://lepoop.org/2016
- THSF 2016 : http://www.thsf.net/fr
- FFDN 2016 GA : https://www.ffdn.org/wiki/doku.php?id=evenements:ag2016 we had 2 workshops there, one on “how to contribute to YunoHost” and one on “how to distribute Internet Cubes”.
- PSESHSF : 30 juin – 3 juillet 2016 : http://www.pseshsf.org/fr/accueil
- [Presentation / Workshop] jACK4DIY @ Jardin d’Alice (Montreuil, near Paris) - 16th to 18th September
- [Booth / Workshop] Open Bidouille Camp 2016 @ Nancy (France) - 1st and 2nd October
Participation in these events is not yet confirmed, do not hesitate to help us
Thanks to realitygaps for proof reading