YunoHost 4.2 testing

Say something “doesnt work” doesn’t help … please explain what happens when you try … it’s working on our side …

2 Likes

I should have been more specific. When clicking on the ‘Domains button’ or other buttons, it did not change the admin panel. It was not responding (staying on the welcome page, and not going into the onglet).
I say ‘it was’ because today its working fine ?!?! I don’t understand why. (Yesterday I unlog then relog before reporting here.)
Sorry for the trouble.

Hello,

You may have cleared the browser cache by quitting (or with Ctrl+Shift+R)…

ppr

In webadmin/applications,
URL correspondante: address link is wrong and display a 404 error page.
The link redirect to
https://domain.ltd/yunohost/admin/domain.ltd/app
instead of
https://domain.ltd/app

4.2 was released as stable moments ago, thanks everyone for super important feedbacks !

Be aware that due to a small bug in the web UI, at the end of the upgrade to stable, the UI may run into an infinite loop while trying to display the log of the operation. This is fixed in the new version but will be encountered during the upgrade from testing to stable. Just force-refresh the page (after waiting 5~10 minutes that the upgrade finished in background)

2 Likes

This bug remains. :sweat_smile:

Yeah sorry :s To be fixed in a 4.2-and-half

2 Likes

I edited /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yunohost.list and returned it to:
deb Index of /debian/ buster stable
(removing ‘testing’). I then upgraded to 4.2 stable using:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
The system and UI appear to be functioning properly.

1 Like

I just noticed after an update that Python v2 is not uninstalled.

e.g.:

+ sudo apt -y autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libjs-sphinxdoc libjs-underscore libpython-all-dev libpython-dev libpython2-dev libpython2.7-dev python-all python-all-dev python-argcomplete python-asn1crypto python-bottle python-certifi python-cffi-backend python-chardet
  python-configparser python-cryptography python-dbus python-dev python-dnspython python-entrypoints python-enum34 python-gevent python-gevent-websocket python-gi python-greenlet python-idna python-ipaddress python-jinja2
  python-keyring python-keyrings.alt python-ldap python-markupsafe python-miniupnpc python-openssl python-packaging python-pip python-pkg-resources python-psutil python-publicsuffix python-pyasn1 python-pyasn1-modules python-pyparsing
  python-requests python-secretstorage python-setuptools python-six python-toml python-urllib3 python-wheel python-xdg python-yaml python2-dev python2.7-dev
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 53 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 73.4 MB disk space will be freed.

Yes, apt won’t autoremove unused packages, you have to trigger it manually, for various reasons

Also many other system packages may still depend on python2

In this case: autoremove will not remove it :wink:

Yes, but what do you mean ? They won’t get removed because they are necessary for other packages of the system … It’s up to these other debian packages to properly migrate to Python 3 before Bullseye …?

What’s about to call apt -y autoremove after every update?

Hm! It seems that all firewall settings are reset by update?!?
All ports are open here. But i closed them in the past…