YunoHost 3.6 release / Sortie de YunoHost 3.6

:gb: English version

Hello everyone!

We’re happy to announce the release of version 3.6 :partying_face:!

N.B. : for those wondering if YunoHost will be compatible with the upcoming release of Debian 10 (Buster) : no. The project makes this one of its priorities, but chances are that it won’t be compatible before somewhere in the end of the year (best case scenario). Progress can be followed here.

This release includes the following highlights :sparkles:

• :package: New unified application list: until now, apps were separated in two categories: officials and community. For various reasons this has proven to not be so efficient (who was responsible for maintaining ‘official’ apps was not so clear, and users had to install the special community list to be able to see and install community apps). We are replacing this system with a new unified list containing all the community and (previously) officials apps. We are also dropping the concept of official apps to be replaced with a more flexible “high-quality” status and level 8 apps. Starting with this version, you will find that you have now directly access to all apps without having to add a new application list. Also note that there are now more than 100 apps with level 7 or 8, thanks to the epic work from the packaging team :star_struck: !

• :arrows_counterclockwise: Fix UX for self-upgrades: you might have found that upgrading YunoHost through the webadmin or through yunohost tools upgrade was confusing as it sometimes told you that the upgrade would be “delayed until the next hour”. (This was so weird that, as developers of the project, we ended up advising people to use the good old apt dist-upgrade). In this version, we reworked how yunohost self-upgrades to hopefully make it more clear and remove this weird behavior. Starting with this version we will recommend again to simply upgrade from the webadmin.

• :closed_lock_with_key: Simplify UX by getting rid of the weird necessity to enter the admin password for some operations: you might have noticed that some operations through CLI (such as adding a new user) were asking you to enter the administration password, despite being already connected admin or root
 This is no longer the case and should simplify the user experience (and also allows us to simplify some pieces of code).

• :keyboard: Manpage and bash completion for command line: until now there wasn’t any bash completion for YunoHost (or it was buggy?). There is now a mechanism to provide such auto completion, and it will automatically be kept up to date as command line evolves. This should make the life easier for command line users. A manpage has also been integrated in Yunohost (also generated automatically!).

• :gear: Some progress on the app actions and app config panel, which will in the future provide the ability to change settings and reconfigure some apps (e.g. change the public/private status). For now this is still an experimental feature, but getting close to ready for the show!

• :speaking_head: Improved translations for Catalan, Occitan, French, Italian, Spanish, Arabic

• :space_invader: And as always, many technical fixes and improvements here and there to make your life with YunoHost more enjoyable :wink:

Thanks so much to all contributors: advocatux, Aleks, BenoĂźt, Bram, ButterflyOfFire, C. Vuillot, Josue, J. Maulny, Guillaume R, Kayou, L. Noferini, Maniack, Maximilien, MCMic, L. Murphy, M. Thiel, opi, QuentĂ­, R. du Song, Sylkevicious, ljf, locness3, toitoinebzh, xaloc33, yalh76! :heart:

:scroll: Detailed changelog

Major changes

Other changes

Show / hide

App helpers

• [mod] Set min version to 3.5.0 for helpers (YunoHost#725)
  • [enh] Add helpers for sso config (YunoHost#720)
  • [enh] Reorganize helpers (YunoHost#717)
  • [enh] Add the ongoing part to the progression bar when using ynh_script_progression (YunoHost#715)
  • [fix] postgresql helpers : force disconnection of all clients connected to the database (YunoHost#713)
  • [enh] Use printers in helpers (YunoHost#712)
  • [enh] Use ynh_systemd_action in helpers (YunoHost#711)
  • [fix] Fix extraction of weight value for ynh_script_progression (YunoHost#710)
  • [enh] Add support for ynh_setup_source in restore script (YunoHost#703)

Other changes

:arrow_up: How to upgrade

From the web admin

:warning: If you are not yet in 3.4.x or 3.5.x, we recommend upgrading from the command line to avoid an issue related to the Metronome upgrade

• Go to “Update system”
  • Then hit the “Update” button in the “System” block.

Or from the command line

$ apt-get update
$ apt-get dist-upgrade

(if during the upgrade, the system asks which version of Metronome configuration to keep, answer ‘N’ (default value))

:fr: Version française

Bonjour tout le monde !

Nous sommes heureux d’annoncer la sortie de la version 3.6 :partying_face: !

N.B. : si vous vous demandez si YunoHost sera compatible avec la nouvelle version de Debian 10 (Buster) dont la sortie est imminente, la rĂ©ponse est non. Le projet en fait une prioritĂ©, mais le support ne sera pas prĂȘt avant la fin de l’annĂ©e (dans le meilleur des cas). L’avancĂ©e du travail sur le sujet peut ĂȘtre suivie sur ce ticket.

Voici les points clefs de cette version :sparkles: :

• :package: Nouvelle liste d’applications unifiĂ©e : jusqu’à prĂ©sent, les applications Ă©taient sĂ©parĂ©es en deux catĂ©gories : officielles et communautaires. Pour diverses raisons, cela s’est avĂ©rĂ© peu pertinent (la responsabilitĂ© de la maintenance des applications ‘officielles’ n’était pas trĂšs claire, et les utilisateurs devaient installer la liste spĂ©ciale de la communautĂ© pour pouvoir voir et installer les applications communautaires). Nous remplaçons ce systĂšme par une nouvelle liste unifiĂ©e contenant toutes les applications (prĂ©cĂ©demment) officielles ainsi que communautaires. Nous mettons fin au concept d’applications officielles pour les remplacer par un statut de “haute qualitĂ©â€ plus flexible et des applications de niveau 8. À partir de cette version, vous pourrez ainsi accĂ©der directement Ă  toutes les applications sans avoir Ă  ajouter la liste d’applications communautaire. À noter Ă©galement qu’il y a maintenant plus de 100 applications de niveau 7 ou 8, grĂące au travail Ă©norme de l’équipe packaging :star_struck: !

• :arrows_counterclockwise: Correction d’UX pour le mĂ©canisme de mise Ă  jour de YunoHost : vous avez peut-ĂȘtre remarquĂ© que la mise Ă  jour de YunoHost via l’administrateur web ou via yunohost tools upgrade Ă©tait dĂ©routante car elle vous disait parfois que la mise Ă  jour serait “remise Ă  l’heure suivante”. (Ce comportement Ă©tait tellement bizarre que, en tant que dĂ©veloppeurs du projet, nous recommendions aux gens d’utiliser le bon vieux apt dist-upgrade). Dans cette version, nous avons retravaillĂ© comment yunohost se met Ă  jour pour le rendre plus clair et supprimer ce comportement bizarre. À partir de cette version, nous recommanderons Ă  nouveau de mettre Ă  jour simplement Ă  partir de l’administrateur web.

• :closed_lock_with_key: Simplification de l’UX en enlevant la nĂ©cessitĂ© Ă©trange d’entrer le mot de passe administrateur pour certaines opĂ©rations : vous avez peut-ĂȘtre remarquĂ© que certaines opĂ©rations via la ligne de commande (comme l’ajout d’un nouvel utilisateur) vous demandaient d’entrer le mot de passe d’administration, bien que dĂ©jĂ  connectĂ© en tant qu’admin ou root
 Ce n’est plus le cas et devrait simplifier un peu les choses pour vous (et nous permet Ă©galement de simplifier quelques morceaux de code).

• :keyboard: Ajout d’une page de man et de l’autocomplĂ©tion pour la ligne de commande : jusqu’à prĂ©sent, il n’y avait pas d’autocomplĂ©tion pour la commande YunoHost (ou alors celle-ci Ă©tait buggĂ©e / incomplĂšte?). C’est dĂ©sormais le cas, et il sera automatiquement tenu Ă  jour au fur et Ă  mesure que la ligne de commande Ă©volue. Ceci devrait faciliter la vie des utilisateurs en ligne de commande. Une page de man a Ă©galement Ă©tĂ© intĂ©grĂ©e (Ă©galement gĂ©nĂ©rĂ©e automatiquement !).

• :gear: Des progrĂšs sur les actions et le panneau de configuration des applications, qui permettront Ă  l’avenir de modifier les paramĂštres et de reconfigurer certaines applications (par exemple, changer l’état public/privĂ©). Pour l’instant, il s’agit encore d’une fonctionnalitĂ© expĂ©rimentale, mais qui devrait ĂȘtre rendu publique dans de prochaines versions!

• :speaking_head: AmĂ©liorations des traductions en catalan, occitan, français, italien, espagnol, arabe

• :space_invader: Et comme toujours, de nombreux correctifs et amĂ©liorations techniques ici et lĂ  pour rendre votre vie plus agrĂ©able avec YunoHost :wink:

:scroll: Details des changements

Changements majeurs

• [enh] Simplification de l’interface avec LDAP (YunoHost#721,Moulinette#183)
  • [enh] Refonte de la gestion de la mise Ă  niveau du systĂšme et de la mise Ă  niveau de YunoHost (YunoHost#692,YunoHost-admin#240,YunoHost@158aa08)
  • [enh] RĂ©implĂ©mentation du mĂ©canisme d’autocomplĂ©tion (YunoHost#678)
  • [enh] Migration vers apps.json / l’utiliser comme liste par dĂ©faut, et mise Ă  jour de la vue “app market” (YunoHost#666, YunoHost#665, YunoHost-admin#242)
  • [enh] DĂ©couplage du mĂ©canisme de regen-conf et de la gestion des services (cela ouvre la voie Ă  des fonctionnalitĂ©s / amĂ©liorations futures) (YunoHost#653)
  • [fix] Ajout d’un mĂ©canisme pour dĂ©tecter et supprimer automatiquement les mots de passe des journaux d’opĂ©rations (YunoHost#742)
  • [enh] Ajouter une page de man pour Yunohost ! (YunoHost#682))
  • [enh] Du progrĂšs sur les actions des apps et leur panneau de configuration (encore au stade expĂ©rimental pour l’instant) (YunoHost#732, YunoHost#734, YunoHost#739, YunoHost#744, YunoHost-admin#251)
  • [i18n] Mise Ă  jour des traductions pour le catalan, l’occitan, le français, l’italien, l’espagnol et l’arabe

Autres changements

Show / hide

App helpers

• [mod] Set min version to 3.5.0 for helpers (YunoHost#725)
  • [enh] Add helpers for sso config (YunoHost#720)
  • [enh] Reorganize helpers (YunoHost#717)
  • [enh] Add the ongoing part to the progression bar when using ynh_script_progression (YunoHost#715)
  • [fix] postgresql helpers : force disconnection of all clients connected to the database (YunoHost#713)
  • [enh] Use printers in helpers (YunoHost#712)
  • [enh] Use ynh_systemd_action in helpers (YunoHost#711)
  • [fix] Fix extraction of weight value for ynh_script_progression (YunoHost#710)
  • [enh] Add support for ynh_setup_source in restore script (YunoHost#703)

Other changes

:arrow_up: Comment mettre Ă  jour

Depuis la webadmin

:warning: Si vous n’ĂȘtes pas sur la version 3.4.x ou 3.5.x, nous vous recommandons de mettre Ă  jour Ă  partir de la ligne de commande pour Ă©viter un problĂšme liĂ© Ă  la mise Ă  jour du Metronome.

• Aller dans “Mettre Ă  jour le systĂšme”
  • Puis cliquez sur “Mettre Ă  jour” dans le bloc “SystĂšme”.

Ou Ă  partir de la ligne de commande

$ apt-get update
$ apt-get dist-upgrade

(si pendant l’upgrade le systĂšme vous demande quelle version de la configuration de Metronome garder, rĂ©pondre ‘N’ (valeur par dĂ©faut))

17 Likes

N.B. : there might be a small issue in this release about certificate installation and renewals 
 we are investigating and will release a patch soonℱ

so long so far
 no issues
 maybe update apps from mollinette interface is quite slow
 but from command line work flawless

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED UPDATE. Excellent work
 Thanks

1 Like

Released a hotfix in 3.6.4.1 (Remove slapd binding to IPv6 ::1 as it makes ipv4-only instances crash, c.f. [RĂ©solu] Perte d'accĂšs suite Ă  mise Ă  jour)

Mise Ă  jour rĂ©alisĂ©e Ă  l’instant, aucun problĂšme !

Good job ! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Upgrade done, no problem ! Thank you to all the contributors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same story here, upgraded to version: 3.6.4 with no issue.
Thanks for yuno!

1 Like

Same thing; No problem. (3.6.4)
Thanks All.

1 Like

I just did the upgrade. Took longer than I expected and I thought I screwed it up. But nope, all went well!
It even emailed the logs to me! Thats just frickin’ cool!
Can I now say that since I am using Yunohost I am a sys admin? :joy::heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks for all your work! New user here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Les certificats Let’s encrypt ne s’installe plus depuis le passage à 3.6 :

Certificate installation for .***. failed !
Exception: Signieren des neuen Zertifikats ist fehlgeschlagen

Debug information:

• domain ip from DNS 82.***.***.***
  • domain ip from local DNS 82..*.***
  • public ip of the server 82..*.***

‘newAccount’

Registering account

Directory found!

Getting directory

Found domains: ***.***.eu

Parsing CSR

Parsing account key

The configuration has been updated for category ‘dnsmasq’

Now attempting install of certificate for domain ***.***.eu!

Problùme connu et en cours d’investigation. Voir un peu plus haut

1 Like

The issue about certificates should now be fixed in 3.6.4.2 :+1: !

2 Likes

I had the same issue after updating, was about to post here but will try again tomorrow :slight_smile:

It’s fixed for me! Thanks!!

Should we reboot the server after upgrading Yunohost to 3.6 ? Or all package will be on the newer version automatically ?

Thank you !

Hello,
I’m not an expert, but I think, in the case you’re talking about, that everything is up to date without rebooting.
Personally, I avoid rebooting my server if I don’t have to!

I confirm reboot is not necessary as i just upgrade to the last version without touching anything :slight_smile:

:rocket: :rocket: :rocket: