Wordpress Backup too-old YunoHost version

My YunoHost server

Hardware: Raspberry Pi at home
YunoHost version: 4.3.6.3
I have access to my server : Through SSH and through the webadmin
Are you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no

Description of my issue

Hello community! I hope you are all well and going strong! Kudos to everyone working on this beautiful projects!

I try to restore a backup of a WordPress instance on my Yunohost server. Unfortunately when I try to restore, the server tells me

This backup archive can not be restored because it comes from a too-old YunoHost version

I would really like to be able to look at the site that I created. Is there a way around this issue?
Can I install an older version of Yunohost on the server to restore the backup on that one then?
Then I could maybe export the site to a different WordPress instance.

It would be nice if you could direct me into a direction here. Either to bury my dreams of getting that site back or by helping me to do just that.

Kind regards!

Lars

Hi !
I’m not an expert of wordpress, but you could have a look here :

I guess your backup archive has all you need, which is :

1. A dump of the sql database
  2. A copy of the files

You can install a fresh version of Wordpress on your up to date Yunohost and then put back your old database, using phpmyadmin app, and your files, using a file transfer utility.
Don’t forget to set correctly the ownership of the files using chown -R command.

You’ll have a bit of work ahead before seing your website again I’m afraid…

As per the second option which is to reinstall an old version of Yunohost, which version was running when you did backup your Wordpress website ?

1 Like

Hello Limezy,

thank you so much for your answer. I will try that when I have the time and see where it takes me. It means a lot that you took the time to look into the issue. Thanks again!

All the best

Lars

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.