[WISH] Yunohost Apps Voting Page

I have discovered the yunohost app wunschlsite which is not just revised.

there are also already some apps that are no longer available.

I think because yunohost counts on its community was not make an app voting system.
there are people who prefer their programs for it but the others do not. you can not distinguish that in the wischlsit.

the voting system should be like this every registered user can give points. the more points an app has the more likely it is to be added to yunohost.

what do you think?

examples for a voting system

https://alternativeto.net/software/uservoice/

1 Like

Untrue.

You are more than welcome to help maintain the wishlist, stating by listing these now unvailable apps.

I do agree that giving a sense of how much an app is needed would be interesting. However, note that it is not the sole motivator to package an app (time consumption, volunteers availability, etc.)

2 Likes

@tituspijean
Untrue

sorry you are right

@tituspijean
You are more than welcome to help maintain the wishlist, stating by listing these now unvailable apps.

I have already started

@tituspijean
I do agree that giving a sense of how much an app is needed would be interesting. However, note that it is not the sole motivator to package an app (time consumption, volunteers availability, etc.)

yes I understand that it is because of that.
but as you say, if you have a feature voting page you can better filter out what to focus on. or if it even pays to port an app if others aren’t convinced.

i made the effort to search for open source feature voting apps.

the best looking → ClearFlask
PHPBack
1Flow
Astuto

i hope someone will take the time to do this because it will give you a clear overview of feature requests or app requests or what to start first.

1 Like