WireGuard® is an extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography. It aims to be faster, simpler, leaner, and more useful than IPsec, while avoiding the massive headache. It intends to be considerably more performant than OpenVPN.
This is a special app, as all its magic happens through its configuration panel within the YunoHost webadmin.
This WireGuard Client package can be installed through:
- YunoHost’s webadmin, in the Community listing
- YunoHost’s CLI:
yunohost app install wireguard_client.
After installation, open your browser to WireGuard’s configuration panel in the webadmin.
The first part of the configuration panel is a table summarizing the status of the VPN interfaces created by the app.
To add new interfaces:
List them in the
List of VPN clients to handle. Click on
Saveto regenerate the configuration panel with the new interfaces.
Choose if the interface should be started at boot.
.conffile provided by the Wireguard Server.
Be wary of:
- the PostUp and PostDown instructions, they are run as
::/0, as they will make your server redirect all its outgoing traffic through the VPN. Make sure the VPN works before enforcing them.
- Official documentation: https://www.wireguard.com/quickstart/
All users belonging to the
admins group will have access to the configuration panel.
All the ones supported by WireGuard.
- Report a bug: Issues · YunoHost-Apps/wireguard_client_ynh · GitHub
- App website: https://www.wireguard.com
- Upstream app repository: https://www.wireguard.com/repositories
- YunoHost website: https://yunohost.org/
Open a new thread in the Support category of this forum.
If a missing feature or bug is well identified, you can go directly to Github. Remember to add your logs and error messages to help us help you help us all.