Why is qemu-utils installed?

My YunoHost server

Hardware: VPS bought online
YunoHost version: 3.5.2.2
I have access to my server : Through SSH | through the webadminAre you in a special context or did you perform some particular tweaking on your YunoHost instance ? : no
If yes, please explain:

Description of my issue

Hello,
I wanted to update my yunohost from UI interface, and the only package proposed is : qemu-utils
I don’t understand why this package is on my system …
Do you known if there is an existing official yunohost dependency with this package, please?
THX for helping
Jean

Mon serveur YunoHost

Matériel: VPS acheté en ligne
Version de YunoHost: 3.5.2.2
J’ai accès à mon serveur : En SSH | Par la webadmin
Êtes-vous dans un contexte particulier ou avez-vous effectué des modificiations particulières sur votre instance ? : non
Si oui, expliquer:

Description du problème

Bonjour,
J’ai voulu mettre à jour mon Yunohost à partir de l’interface d’admin, il me propose qu’une seule MAJ : qemu-utils
Je ne comprends pas l’utilité de ce paquet dans mon installation …
Est ce que c’est une dépendence connue de Yunohost? ou alors je dois cherché un probleme caché …
Merci de votre aide
Jean

If you want to figure it out, you can run :

aptitude why qemu-utils

(first you may need to install aptitude)

Hi
so after a little search with my friend Qwant instead of run aptitude
I ran:

$ apt-get remove -s qemu-utils                                                                                                                                          
NOTE: This is only a simulation!                                                                                                                                                              
      apt-get needs root privileges for real execution.                                                                                                                                       
      Keep also in mind that locking is deactivated,                                                                                                                                          
      so don't depend on the relevance to the real current situation!                                                                                                                         
Reading package lists... Done                                                                                                                                                                 
Building dependency tree                                                                                                                                                                      
Reading state information... Done                                                                                                                                                             
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:                                                                                                               
  cloud-guest-utils genisoimage                                                                                                                                                               
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.                                                                                                                                                          
The following packages will be REMOVED:                                                                                                                                                       
  cloud-image-utils cloud-initramfs-growroot cloud-utils qemu-utils                                                                                                                           
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 0 not upgraded.                                                                                                                                
Remv cloud-initramfs-growroot [0.18.debian5]                                                                                                                                                  
Remv cloud-utils [0.29-1]                                                                                                                                                                     
Remv cloud-image-utils [0.29-1]                                                                                                                                                               
Remv qemu-utils [1:2.8+dfsg-6+deb9u5]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

This is a simulation of a remove to see dependencies
So we see them:
cloud-image-utils cloud-initramfs-growroot cloud-utils qemu-utils
I don’t know if it is necessary
For remember I host my yunohost on a OVH-VPS , may be it could be installed by default when I instantiated my Debian9 ?

what do you think?

Thank you !

Meh idk, these look like important packages to me (the initramfs stuff in particular) but I couldn’t really know what exactly for, more like an intuition … You should ask that question to the OVH staff. In any case if you just want your server to work, I wouldn’t touch that.

That’s a good idea :slight_smile:I have the same feeling now
THANKS !

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.