What is the correct way to migrate my existing Wordpress site from external 3rd party host to my own Yuno?

Are there any guides to migrate an existing Wordpress site from a 3rd party host to my own yunohost server?

For years I’m relaying on 3rd party shared hosting platforms which suck ass to be honest.
So I now did some tests on running new sites via Yuno, and they run very very well on my overkilled VM :stuck_out_tongue: . So now it is time to migrate my main site.

Normally I would grab the contents of the www folder of the old host together with an copy of the SQL DB, smash them into my new sever and done. However I found out that Yuno works different. So how and what should I do now?

Migrate an app not hosted on yunohost to a yunohost server could be difficult if you want to make your app recognized as a yunohost app (and by this way get advantage from yunohost app upgrade/backup/restore…).

If you just want to put your app on your yunohost without upgrade/backup/restore it’s more easy.

I explain here the first:

• Check version of the app inside yunohost app packet and on your 3rd party host
  • Upgrade your 3rd party to the same version (or found a way to get the good version of the yunohost app…)
  • Check yunohost app and 3rd party use same db engine
  • Install the app on the yunohost
  • Dump the 3rd party app
  • Restore db and files and keep or merge configuration files

If you are able to do that: read the install script to be sure to have same thing install in the same way in your new setup

Specify? Did you mean backup?

dump the db and the files

me:

Okay for all seriousness (as far as I can be) though…

PHPmyadmin maybe has some issues with uploading the database backup since it is a 199 MB file.
So I tried to hop in with Heidi SQL but that she wasn’t able to get in… Any suggestions on that?

1 Like

You could try increasing the maximum size for file uploads:

nano /etc/nginx/conf.d/YOURDOMAIN.d/phpmyadmin.conf

In there you have line: client_max_body_size 50M;, set it to 300M for example.
Then systemctl restart nginx and try again. :crossed_fingers:

sure thing, I was looking for php.ini :stuck_out_tongue:

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-05 om 14.40.21
Schermafbeelding 2020-12-05 om 14.41.01
Schermafbeelding 2020-12-05 om 14.39.39

Yu-NOO-you-don’t :frowning:

Oops, you can also put that figure in /etc/php/7.3/fpm/pool.d/phpmyadmin.conf, in the very last lines you have upload_max_filesize and post_max_size.

Then systemctl restart php7.3-fpm and try again.

1 Like

okey db part one is a succes but now;

Hey,

I am no expert, but why make it so complicated? This is what I did:

WordPress has a backup/restore functionality.

Just do a site backup from your original blog and download to your local machine.

Then go to the YuNo WordPress app and do an “import”

That’s it!

Correct that works for non complex sites :wink:
Does not for me!

So there seriously nobody which got this experience, I Don’t believe it?! most of the people which start to host themselves is because the current host is getting to smal or is a stupid shared platform so noting much options to change and tweak. So hm, hm anybody’s

Your database name and username are wrong. You need two _ to make wordpress__4.

Thats not about it, cause I already changed that back. But look at the topic about de FTP error common error on full disks :wink: but yeah as I told you Size Does Matter :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.