What DNS registrars are you using?

I use OVH

Hi,

where could I suggest a feature for automatic dns update?

One of my domains has some personal config that ynh suggests to ā€œdeleteā€ if I overwrite config (check box close to button).
DNS for my register (dinahosting) is not automatically updated :frowning: and I think it is because ynh detects this personal fields so it does not update any records at all. Just guessing.

In my case it would be fine if ynh automatic system updates the suggested main ā€œAā€ and CAA, but I donā€™t want to ā€œdeleteā€ the other ones listed below.

Could it be possible to tell YNH does NOt delete this records?

Finally: where can I see logs for this operations? I havenā€™t found any in /var/log related to yunomdns neither this specific registar config settings (credentials set in web admin).

thank you

web admin screenshot showing dinahosting suggested settings if I wanted to overwritte current data.

screenshot

I have a small bug with the DNS diagnosys, one of my domains is marked as if it will be expired soon (on OVH).
Which would be true if there were no auto-renew of the domain at the beginning of the month.
Is there a better place than here to raise this bug ? (on Lexicon issue manager maybe ? )

Hello
As far as I know, the auto-renew mecanism isnā€™t checked by the diagnosis tool.
So youā€™ll have a warning until the day the auto-renew will happen.

Itā€™s not a bug related to lexicon, this alert is managed by our diagnosis tool and is not totally sure. But we prefer trigger a potential false alert than risk people forget to renew their domainā€¦ We have no way to know if auto renew is activated or not.

1 Like

Hello, I am absolutely delighted that this is coming to yunohost and if there could be some sort of Cloudflare sync then that would make my week :wink:

1 Like

Good initiative!

allinkl.com - quite often used by small+medium sized companies.

I am using www.theregistrarcompany.com located in the Netherlands, hope you can add this to you list asswell. Bought the domain at www.etheron.nl.

Regards,

Dutch84

Hello, I am looking for a registrar that would allow me to use Yunohost to serve as mail servers and create as many mail addresses as I want. I know that to do this you have to configure the DNS but it seems that some providers limit their number (I would like to go up to 1000). My choice would be Gandi to have a domain name and I would like to know if this registrar allows me (without additional costs) to create as many mailboxes as I want via Yunohost.

Thanks in advance.

I highly doubt that the number of mailboxes you can create is related to your DNS provider ā€¦ thatā€™s two very different things

1 Like

The provider CAN only limit the number if it hosts the email server.
If you host it, the only thing the provider do is, via DNS, tell where is the server (and some security stuff to prove that it is really your server on the other side).
So if you host it, you can host as many mail as you want (and if you configure the mail server yourself you can even use something like *@yourdomain.ltd so all emails will be valid and end in your mailbox (so one mailbox for an unlimited number of email)

1 Like

Iā€™m using Godaddy & Namecheap Mostly

Iā€™m using:
Netcup
Hetzner

hetzner.com

Iā€™m currently using NameSilo. 'cause it was the cheapest I could find back then :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wanted to pass on a little information because of DNS so that it might be easier. There is a guide on how to do this. maybe you can use this for everyone who is at Hetzner via an API

Ich wollte gerne mal eine kleine Information weitergeben wegen DNS damit es, was einfacher vielleicht geht.

Es gibt eine Anleitung dazu. man kann das vielleicht nutzen fĆ¼r alle, die bei Hetzner sind Ć¼ber eine API.

Hetzner DNS Public API (1.1.1)](Hetzner DNS Public API)

Hetzner DNS Public API (1.1.1)

Hetzner Online GmbH: support@hetzner.com

This is the public documentation Hetznerā€™s DNS API.

Authentication

Auth-API-Token

You can create an API token in the DNS console.

Security scheme type: API Key
Header parameter name: Auth-API-Token

Zones

A secondary zone can be created, by adding a primary server before adding any records.

Get All Zones

Returns paginated zones associated with the user. Limited to 100 zones per request.

QUERY PARAMETERS

name string

Example: ā€œexample.comā€

Full name of a zone. Will return an array with one or no results
page number >= 1

Default: 1

A page parameter specifies the page to fetch.
The number of the first page is 1
per_page number <= 100

Default: 100

Number of zones to be shown per page. Returns 100 by default
search_name string

Example: ā€œexampleā€

Partial name of a zone. Will return a maximum of 100 zones that contain the searched string

HEADER PARAMETERS

Auth-API-Token

required string

Responses

deSEC