What DNS registrars are you using?

Hi everyone :smiley: !

We are currently working on implementing automatic DNS synchronization between Yunohost and DNS registrars, which should hopefully remove the hassle of manually adding and maintaining dozens of DNS records in your registrarā€™s interface.

To do so, we are using a powerful library called Lexicon. However, this still requires us to test, validate and document the procedure for each registrar individually. Hence, we need your help to prioritize work on the most used registrars !

If you want to help us and are interested this feature, please tell us what registrar you are using. Thank you for your help :heart: !

What DNS registrars are you using ?
  • Aliyun .com
  • AuroraDNS
  • AWS Route53
  • Azure DNS
  • Cloudflare
  • ClouDNS
  • CloudXNS
  • ConoHa
  • Constellix
  • Digital Ocean
  • Dinahosting
  • DirectAdmin
  • DNSimple
  • DnsMadeEasy
  • DNSPark
  • DNSPod
  • Dreamhost
  • Dynu
  • EasyDNS
  • Easyname
  • ExoScale
  • Gandi
  • Gehirn
  • Glesys
  • GoDaddy
  • Google Cloud DNS
  • Gransy
  • Hover
  • Hurricane
  • Hetzner
  • Infoblox
  • Infomaniak
  • Internet.bs
  • INWX
  • Joker .com
  • Linode
  • LuaDNS
  • Memset
  • Mythic Beasts
  • Njalla
  • Namecheap
  • Namesilo
  • Netcup
  • NearlyFreeSpeech
  • NS1
  • OnApp
  • OVH
  • Plesk
  • PointHQ
  • PowerDNS
  • Rackspace
  • Rage4
  • Rcodezero
  • Sakura Cloud
  • SoftLayer
  • Transip
  • UltraDNS
  • Vercel
  • Vultr
  • Yandex
  • Zilore
  • Zonomi

0 voters

18 Likes

Thx !
Here, Iā€™m using bookmyname.com

1 Like

Thatā€™s an awesome piece of news ! :tada:
Great feature, thanks a lot for working on this :rocket:

By the way, I would be curious to know the ā€œfinalā€ result of the pool in a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the work.
I use Gandi for some domains, but I also use online.net (Dedibox Scaleway) for an other.

Great news. Just voted, not sure if it worked, there was no feedback.

I use: Namesilo, INWX, Porkbun (popular in US) and hosting.de (popular in Germany)

1 Like

Iā€™m using a local registrar here in Tunisia :tunisia:, and using freedns from namecheap to update ip (using the Windows tool from their website, didnā€™t have time to try using ddclient)

Good project !
Iā€™m also using https://www.ionos.com/

Very nice idea indeed, this will remove a lot of problematic configurations I think and lighten the support load accordingly :+1:

Here I am using Gandi as my registrar.

Thanks for your continued involvement in the project!

Awesome news!

Please make it possible to configure a domain but keep email management with the registrar.

For instance, Iā€™m happy to manage example.com using Yunohost, but I want to keep email@example.com on an OVH email plan.

Thanks!

1 Like

Idem for several yunohost instances

Hi,
Iā€™m using Porkbun.
Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™m also using FreeDNS(frĆ­ nafnaĆ¾jĆ³nusta) - 1984 VefhĆ½sing

A big new step to ease and spread self-hosting.
Pure Yunohost spirit :+1:

done :wink:

I use iwantmyname.com

Iā€™m using Ionos too.
And by the way, I had some trouble with them as their UI wouldnā€™t allow the minus in ā€œ_xmpp-clientā€ in the TXT DNS record. I had to make a record with a different name, copy the request from the Firefox Web Console then send what I wanted with curl. Thankfully the validation was only in the UI. So this project would definitely help others in the same situation.

I am using Freenom.

Hi,
Same thing here !

I host some sites at NearlyFreeSpeech and have been interested not only in yunohost, but also their dynamic DNS options. I would need to do a new install, but would love to test this in testing.

Iā€™m using FDNā€™s DNS resolvers because FDN is good for you.

1 Like